MEWP or Climbing?

Mr Oz

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done loads of street trees, and the biggest problem is parked cars. We would struggle just to get a small Mog to each tree .

The best thing I've ever seen is the open top double decker, that's genius:)

when we do street trees we close the parking for the day,again its how you price time....

then we get the mewp in...

That I fully agree with skyhuck, if I didn't climb I'd be twice my current size and even more grumpy, better than any gym workout and more therapeutic as you actually have to think not just do! Knees still don't like long periods On spikes holding a big saw anymore but that's from rigging gon wrong smashing my knee cap in two.

I pay £120 a day for a 12 m tracked Platform delived to site so if I have a few trees on the same site or close by il climb and strip to poles and use the Mewp for the last heavy timber if no room to fell.

Nobody is talking about using mewps all the time ?

Just when the situation dictates it's the best option.

See this is where ignorance is bliss. I charge mine out on my local jobs at £595 that's mewp, operator, groundy and saws etc, hardly expensive is it. I,d like to see you get a load of climbers in at that price

Ps. I've seen a lot of fat climbers that don't use mewps (-;

Nobody is talking about using mewps all the time ?

Just when the situation dictates it's the best option.

See this is where ignorance is bliss. I charge mine out on my local jobs at £595 that's mewp, operator, groundy and saws etc, hardly expensive is it. I,d like to see you get a load of climbers in at that price

Ps. I've seen a lot of fat climbers that don't use mewps (-;

Why not Dean? If you have invested good money in purchasing a mewp then it is in your own interest to utilise it as much as possible.

I agree that ignorance is bliss having owned and operated our own mewp for 17 years you realise what an asset they can be and the monthly payments on a good mewp can be considerably less than the monthly salary of a good climber with out the holidays!

The opinions of some people that they are dangerous and that they don't trust them is surprising as they are quite willing to trust their man made ropes harnesses etc or are they just unsure of something they have never tried,a good mewp operator takes time to train just like a climber and an odd days mewp usage here and there is not going to keep you proficient just like a climber.

I also think that if people used a good quality stable mewp with plenty of capacity both in height and outreach they would change their opinions.

I've done loads of street trees, and the biggest problem is parked cars. We would struggle just to get a small Mog to each tree .

The best thing I've ever seen is the open top double decker, that's genius:)

State side they just put a shipping container ( with the bottom missing) over the cars and crack on lol