Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

2 hours ago, Gray git said:

We had looked at this as a future option to carry a GMT 35ttc as it's the perfect roadside size and in theory with the legs and blade should be really stable.
Would just need to get rid of the dules and put good quality flotations on.

Yes absolutely, be interesting to see what the load charts look like on it.

Certainly would make a very versatile carrier machine.

Sadly the larger Hydradig concept got cut, as it would have been literally perfect for such applications.

Sadly the larger Hydradig concept got cut, as it would have been literally perfect for such applications.
Yeah very little point in them building something we wouldn't be allowed to use to its fullest potential as a road registered vehicle

4 minutes ago, Gray git said:
7 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Read more  

Yeah very little point in them building something we wouldn't be allowed to use to its fullest potential as a road registered vehicle

I don’t think that was the issue, very difficult concept to upscale and keep the same stability, as the footprint is the footprint, you can’t just make it half a metre wider like a tracked version.

Brochure is now out, gives away a couple of metres of reach to a conventional zero tail 14 tonne tracked unit, but is heading for 40k in travel speed.

Load chart isn’t the worst and a GMT 035 TTC on a short jib would work nicely if you could get the geometry right and sorted for travel.

Really nice size unit.

https://eu.doosanequipment.com/media/download/22871

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 11:14, LGP Eddie said:

Sadly I haven’t any images of when I first started out on machines, that was a 2 wheel drive JCB 3cx with no Extending arm.

Promotion to an old C registration 4wd non turbo black cab Sitemaster and finally given my first new machine a Case 580sk non Turbo.

Sadly this burnt out, and it’s replacement was a Case 580sk Turbo in this image.

Took me an awful lot of years of operating for others to be able to have a shot on my own.

FA399157-C312-4190-B186-99681DAB904A.thumb.jpeg.e5a980657c3d6bbf624630ead688d7c2.jpeg

I note your comment about the machine " got burnt out"

Years ago I was using a local guy who ran two 1994 case backhoe loaders, his two sons drove them and he did the muck away.

One night they parked both diggers up in a council yard. The CCTV captured the moment one machine, 6 months old,  burst into flames in the middle of the night, which was handy for the insurance claim. Luckily, the other digger was parked some distance away and unscathed. 

Seems they had some electrical issues!

This was the first ever new machine given to me as an operator and I really did look after it.

I can still see it now, I walked down the site and stood looking at it wondering why all the windows looked like dark tint.

The only giveaway that caught my eye first was the the air filter pre cleaner plastic bowl was gone and the paint all off the lid.

Opening the door revealed the full horror, but opening the flip forward bonnet to see the engine with bits of metal melted was unreal.

It was a battery lead short where it passed out of the battery box, according to the report after.

The engine bay was lined inside with aluminium covered foam and it must have literally burnt like an oven until it melted the dash and was able to come to through into the cab.

Front half of the cab was melted, but seat untouched and back half of the cab was totally untouched.

Real shame it was a great machine, but fair play the owner hired another straight in as a replacement, and said order whatever spec you want from the Case dealer as a replacement.

I had a full spec Turbo version, which at the time had the Greg Cab JCB’s totally licked.

Finally got a couple of hours to re-do my faithful, bent, ten year old springtine rake. Was going to make proper grab pockets, but thought I'd try this first. A different way of doing it but very simple. Self centering as you grab it. It's got less flex in it than pinching a grab pocket, so for 'give' you are relying entirely upon the springs. So it makes a big difference which way you sweep. Not neccessarily a bad thing- you can be more agressive if required and as there is less distance between the ground all the way up to the hitch, there is more slew power too. I'll give it a go on a job tomorrow but it swept up the fire at the yard lovely. Slightly wider spacing than the old one too, hoping to collect more brash and less mud.

The main benefit of grabbing like this that once it's grabbed, you'll never drop it by mistake, even if you momentarily pull the lever the wrong way (it happens, especially when you're tired and just want to finish off raking so you cna go home!)

If anyone wants one made let me know.

B1110303-6A80-4603-B083-AC39F985D93C.jpeg

565D85B1-F904-4283-9833-18ECFCBE4ABD.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 15

Sadly I haven’t any images of when I first started out on machines, that was a 2 wheel drive JCB 3cx with no Extending arm.
Promotion to an old C registration 4wd non turbo black cab Sitemaster and finally given my first new machine a Case 580sk non Turbo.
Sadly this burnt out, and it’s replacement was a Case 580sk Turbo in this image.

Took me an awful lot of years of operating for others to be able to have a shot on my own.

FA399157-C312-4190-B186-99681DAB904A.thumb.jpeg.e5a980657c3d6bbf624630ead688d7c2.jpeg
Cool photo