Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Just something I’ve been working on, as I needed to reduce weight from the previous Westtech c350 Shear setup (gutted to see it go really, awesome shear) and took the opportunity to go with a saw for more capacity.

The idea was to utilise the Westtech CS750, so I can use it on my Liebherr, but easily switch it back to fit on a Merlo rotating Telehandler if required.

No way was I willing to go back from having two 360 worm drives and the 45 degree of tilt for manipulation, and it all has to run through the Ec-Oil quick coupler system.

Delighted with the results, the Westtech has a huge gripper ram ensures solid hold, automatic chain tension and unusually grease lube for the chain, which is ideal for the angles achievable.

The ability to power the saw box down out of the way is unique to Westtech, and can save many bars.

It should take around 20 minutes to switch it back to a Merlo and the Westtech is unmodified.

Saved around 500kg in the end which is a worthwhile gain, and the whole setup feels good.

Bar return is a little slow, but I’m working on it.

You look back in this thread at the Case material handler with Selector Grab back in the day, and you realise how fast things move on.

Eddie.

• Like 4

may be bar return has a air pressure thingy that can be pumped up increase speed of return , entitled ''adjusting the saw bar retracting movement''  in our instructions for use '' if the pressure in the air tank is increased the retracting movement gets faster''   hopefully tiz the same! good luck 

55 minutes ago, arbwork said:

may be bar return has a air pressure thingy that can be pumped up increase speed of return , entitled ''adjusting the saw bar retracting movement''  in our instructions for use '' if the pressure in the air tank is increased the retracting movement gets faster''   hopefully tiz the same! good luck 

Yes it does have that system, but in this instance it’s slowed due to restriction that’s been fitted to slow the saw speed to the required speed for no chain shot risk.

I have a few people gathering their thoughts on it.

I can certainly live with it, just be nice faster.

Eddie.

• 3 weeks later...