Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-mini-diggers-excavators-7/kubota-kx121-3/ylqlwfvh.html

this was the KX121 I looked at last year. I think they wanted 21k ex vat, it had 4000hrs and really needed the bucket linkage re-doing- other than that tidy machine. However I felt they were asking too much for it and it seems everyone else feels the same as it’s still on their hire fleet and had not sold yet.

https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-mini-diggers-excavators-7/kubota-kx121-3/ylqlwfvh.html

this was the KX121 I looked at last year. I think they wanted 21k ex vat, it had 4000hrs and really needed the bucket linkage re-doing- other than that tidy machine. However I felt they were asking too much for it and it seems everyone else feels the same as it’s still on their hire fleet and had not sold yet.
Perhaps unjustified but 4000+ hours on a 4 ton machine scarea me a little.

20 minutes ago, richy_B said:
39 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Read more  

Perhaps unjustified but 4000+ hours on a 4 ton machine scarea me a little.

Maybe. I used to think that too- but now realise it’s entirely how it’s been locked after and what kind of work it’s been on. There was a Takeuchi TB145 on Mascus the other day showing 14500hrs and a groundworks contractor down here has a Kubota u50 with 11000 hrs on it and still in impeccable condition. These machines are perfectly capable of doing high hours if looked after right. My old Takeuchi 125 did 5000hrs and was still mint to operate- I only sold because i found a barn find TB125 that had only done 1000hrs and was more or less in ex demo condition despite being 10yrs old- couldnt let someone else have that!

• Like 2

ex hire is hit and miss in my opinion. it might have been well looked after or might have been pressure washed and sent straight back out. There is a risk that when a company knows they will only keep a set number of years then there is less incentive to keep it tip top. Same as anything I guess.

2 minutes ago, richy_B said:

ex hire is hit and miss in my opinion. it might have been well looked after or might have been pressure washed and sent straight back out. There is a risk that when a company knows they will only keep a set number of years then there is less incentive to keep it tip top. Same as anything I guess.

I agree. To clarify I don’t think that Kubota kx121 I linked to is worth 21k. The bucket linkage should not be in that state at 4000hrs. 

Mind you you could say the same for owner operator who upgrades every 3 years. They don’t mind putting it through it’s paces as long as they keep the bodywork sound. 

Its all a gamble buying used, just a case of weighing up the risks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2018 at 10:36, LGP Eddie said:

Just a heads up on the soon to be, or even could be released now Takeuchi Tb225. This in my opinion is going to end up the Arb weapon of choice for guys who want a towable solution.

I'm trying to find out if it's finally available, but the specs stack up into what everyone really wanted, and that was just a grown up TB016.

The brochure makes for some interesting reading and straight away I picked up on the twin double acting proportional circuits for the all important Grab/Rotate, but there is mention of a 4th Circuit (the other will be quick hitch) and I've been told that Takeuchi offer this on some models.

Basically if you can get this machine with three proportional double acting auxiliary circuits and quick hitch pipes, you've got the ultimate mini Titrotator carrier! No need for anything fancy like control systems, just pipe up your Tilt/Rotate and Auxiliary separately and be able to use them in any combination.

Expanding tracks from 1100mm to 1500mm should make this able to access tight sites, but have great stability for the heavy work.

I really like the spec and the all important 2400kg with Cab. If it really is as good as the spec, I think you'll be doing well to even get one!

https://takeuchiglobal.com/compact-excavators/tb225-compact-excavator/

Eddie.

Would you go for the shorter stick if fitting a tilty Eddie?