Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

35 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Done 2600 hours on my machine, seat still  as new! Must be quality made seat

What machine is it? only seat i've got in decent nick is the new holland tractor which doesn't have a cab and so has a thick plastic one like a ride on mower. All my cloth ones and any i've been in are shredded by 2000 hours. The schaffer loader is no cab, plastic and still worn through at 1500hrs. Telehandlers the worst, down to metal on left cheek only which means a painful kink in your spine when you sit in it for long! I should probably add i'm not skinny.

1 hour ago, LeeGray said:

What machine is it? only seat i've got in decent nick is the new holland tractor which doesn't have a cab and so has a thick plastic one like a ride on mower. All my cloth ones and any i've been in are shredded by 2000 hours. The schaffer loader is no cab, plastic and still worn through at 1500hrs. Telehandlers the worst, down to metal on left cheek only which means a painful kink in your spine when you sit in it for long! I should probably add i'm not skinny.

Its a kubota. Admittedly, its a cabless machine. Tractor and avant both have the same hard covering, but never seen a kubota seat get warn out on a digger lf any size. Depends how many times you get in and out of your cab!

8 hours ago, richy_B said:

Ball park - What would a full engcon tilt rotator set up cost on a 2.7t machine (two aux hydraulics)? 

Unit, standard bucket, controls and set up? Considering for this winter. 

Decide what spec you want/might want in the future before getting prices, and speak to a few manufacturers (but be careful that you are comparing apples with apples!). Do you want to operate a grab/hydraulic hitch/anything that requires oil under the unit? I would recommend that you spec any unit you go for with that functionality (however it is controlled) as you greatly limit the benefits a tilty can bring if you omit that option (and that isn’t really an economical retrofit later). 

All depends on the specification you finally settle on. You’ll be having something starting with a 6 to just make it Tilt and Rotate I’d expect, pinned to the machine, running off your pipes and controls.

By the time you’ve got a top quick hitch, full control system, new Joysticks etc, you can double that.

Absolute minefield and everyone has a different opinion, but the general consensus now is how can we take something great and make it cheaper.

If one UK supplier could sell you a unit  that operated by pulling it with blue bt cord out the front window they would!?

Personally I just tell guys to wait a bit longer until you can afford a control system and take the full benefits.

Eddie.

2 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

All depends on the specification you finally settle on. You’ll be having something starting with a 6 to just make it Tilt and Rotate I’d expect, pinned to the machine, running off your pipes and controls.

By the time you’ve got a top quick hitch, full control system, new Joysticks etc, you can double that.

Absolute minefield and everyone has a different opinion, but the general consensus now is how can we take something great and make it cheaper.

If one UK supplier could sell you a unit  that operated by pulling it with blue bt cord out the front window they would!?

Personally I just tell guys to wait a bit longer until you can afford a control system and take the full benefits.

Eddie.

From ringing round I’d definitely second the above, it sounded affordable for me but then you look at all the options and think well if I’m spending 7 for a starter might as well get the next bit and make it 8.5 but if I’m doing that should I just spend 12 and full control but then if I’m borrowing it because I can’t go the extra five I might as well go all in at 15 and have the proper job with full control, buckets, grab, oil at hitch etcThen check myself and think am I really in need of all that and just not bother at all. 

Must be a nightmare for the retailers as so many options. Almost be better if they packaged it up.. basic with 1 bucket fitted £6, mid way full control 3 buckets £10 all singing and dancing £15k

• Like 1

On 24/08/2018 at 10:59, richy_B said:

Ball park - What would a full engcon tilt rotator set up cost on a 2.7t machine (two aux hydraulics)? 

Unit, standard bucket, controls and set up? Considering for this winter. 

i had ex demo engcon with a grab fitted on my kx030-4 and you wont get change from £10k

Great bit of kit but it is bloody heavy so you will need weight on the back.

Also bear in mind if you do trenching the narrowest you will be able to dig is 600mm as the tilt is 580 wide.

The engcon buckets are the best ive used as well, they have slightly difference geometry than stricklands ones. You get more in with each scoop and its easier to dig with them if you know what i mean.

In near worcester if you want to come and have a play on it.

3VXYY17.jpg

S1UmwAk.jpg

Edited by donnk

4 hours ago, donnk said:

i had ex demo engcon with a grab fitted on my kx030-4 and you wont get change from £10k

Great bit of kit but it is bloody heavy so you will need weight on the back.

Also bear in mind if you do trenching the narrowest you will be able to dig is 600mm as the tilt is 580 wide.

The engcon buckets are the best ive used as well, they have slightly difference geometry than stricklands ones. You get more in with each scoop and its easier to dig with them if you know what i mean.

In near worcester if you want to come and have a play on it.

3VXYY17.jpg

S1UmwAk.jpg

Very nice set up