Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Advice wanted please. I have a TB016 and I’m wondering if it would be up to the job of loading Ash cordwood into a tractor trailer and then onto a processor? The cordwood is probably 8-12” diameter. Firstly do you think the machine would lift that weight and secondly if so, should I go for a bucket and thumb arrangement or bite the bullet and get a grab with rotator? TIA

12 hours ago, Gray git said:

DSC_1359.jpegDSC_1364.jpeg

Eventually got the grab delivered and piped up today, hopefully the cab guards won't be much longer.
DSC_1347.jpeg
Also found putting the ditching bucket on backwards makes a very quick chip loader

Is that a worm drive rotator? I know they offer a low profile one but it was a lot more money, in hindsight I should have gone for it with the amount I use the grab.

edit- found the original email. The lower profile rotator was 2.4K rather than £900- and from the photo they sent not much of a stack height saved on a 2.7t setup. image.thumb.jpeg.3a7ffb016917386326bf86a096f753aa.jpeg

Edited by doobin

1 hour ago, jonnygurkha said:

Advice wanted please. I have a TB016 and I’m wondering if it would be up to the job of loading Ash cordwood into a tractor trailer and then onto a processor? The cordwood is probably 8-12” diameter. Firstly do you think the machine would lift that weight and secondly if so, should I go for a bucket and thumb arrangement or bite the bullet and get a grab with rotator? TIA

I have a tb016 and for its size it's very powerful. I have had it lifting large lengths of poplar, with a thumb. As woody Paul says a grab will mean you lift less but it'd be so much more useful. Is yours piped for a grab? 

• Like 1

I'm after some advice from those who know and have some experience. I'm going to sell.my alpine and get a digger primarily for feeding a 12" chipper, but I would also like to be able to do some flailing, shearing small trees and hedges with it as well as some.digging. I'll be moving it behind a mog so not too worried about weight. I've sort of narrowed it down to something in the 5-8t range, probably erring towards 5t due to the compactness of the machine. We use a bloke with a super reach 21t for big stuff, so not worried too much about working on big trees with it. My gut feeling is whatever will be a compromise between nimbleness, stability and lifting/flow capacity...

What are poses thoughts and experiences? Cheers