Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

On the subject of Manual thumb v Hydraulic thumb I did a Wee video today has I finished early , demolishing old pig pens using my micro digger with the Thumb off the 2 ton machine ,loading concrete blocks into dumper and with the right man the manual Thumb works a treat without having the boom outstretched .

For those who have never used a micro digger they can very quick and catch you out if not careful .There is switch to calm it down but its painfully slow and frustrating.

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

On the subject of Manual thumb v Hydraulic thumb I did a Wee video today has I finished early , demolishing old pig pens using my micro digger with the Thumb off the 2 ton machine ,loading concrete blocks into dumper and with the right man the manual Thumb works a treat without having the boom outstretched .

For those who have never used a micro digger they can very quick and catch you out if not careful .There is switch to calm it down but its painfully slow and frustrating.

Ste

I thought you were going to punch a hole in the roof with that thing Ste :laugh1:

The lads have been cutting and burning gorse /scrub for a couple of weeks . no big kit allowed on the site so we adapted the three tonner and stuck a grab straight on the end of the arm. Its only for burning up so no rotator needed and piped it off the crowd so its all on the levers.

image.jpg1_zpssethw1cp.jpg

I thought you were going to punch a hole in the roof with that thing Ste :laugh1:

The lads have been cutting and burning gorse /scrub for a couple of weeks . no big kit allowed on the site so we adapted the three tonner and stuck a grab straight on the end of the arm. Its only for burning up so no rotator needed and piped it off the crowd so its all on the levers.

Great solution that , had a few close shaves with Roof but after 8 years I know it vices , the Slew is very Abrupt so that's the one to watch out more so with dozey young lads working near !

Just had a peak through your photo bucket and do you have a full time fitter keeping up with maintenance on all that kit , I am a sucker for machines/tractors/toys but what a headache for me been a one man band keeping on top of them lol .

Ste

I dug a short trench for planting with the ripper tooth and dug out athe base for a cricket net with my little digger today then used the soil from the base to build a ramp up a bank so the houses ride on mower can be reversed up and tip behind the bank.::thumbup1:the job went really well but then the digger developed a weep on the bucket ram and then the (hired) tracked dumper sprung a full on leak:thumbdown:

image.jpg.86857f5c3958d6bc67e2ba644f8ff487.jpg

Very close to having the new Grapple Saw setup perfected on the Liebherr, and fingers crossed it should be all rounded up tomorrow.

It's going to be some tool and has a very clever trick up it's sleeve which is best shown when it's up and running.

Just for scale it's pictured here in front of a CAT Backhoe front bucket (same size as a JCB) and is running the smaller 90cm bar until I get the hang of it and put the 100cm version in!

Eddie.

graps.jpg.87d687a018f931768b84d95b415450d7.jpg

Very close to having the new Grapple Saw setup perfected on the Liebherr, and fingers crossed it should be all rounded up tomorrow.

It's going to be some tool and has a very clever trick up it's sleeve which is best shown when it's up and running.

Just for scale it's pictured here in front of a CAT Backhoe front bucket (same size as a JCB) and is running the smaller 90cm bar until I get the hang of it and put the 100cm version in!

Eddie.

Impressive Eddie :thumbup: