Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Have you still got your 8 tonner Stephen- and if so do you use ut as much as you thought yopu would when you brought it?

I'm similar to you by the sounds of it- in that alot of my stuff could be done with backhoe rather than carting 2 other machines to the job. i bet its tough though this time of year keeping a backhoe busy its so flipping wet everywhere:laugh1:

Sounds good and nice to just turn up on an ongoing job with the machine all ready and waiting for you everyday- no bother.

Going to take the plunge this year, sell my tractor and fund an 8 tonner, there is the liklihood that it will sit idle at times but will open up quite a few doors for me and will be nice to leave it on big jobs whilst i whizz around with the three tonner doing bread and butter jobs.

The other British alternative, of which I have the pleasure of partly designing. Sadly there arent many of the old school backhoe drivers left, but in the right situation, what a tool!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1455142688283.jpeg.99a028ecdf27a32671754517e0099b84.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Sounds good and nice to just turn up on an ongoing job with the machine all ready and waiting for you everyday- no bother.

Going to take the plunge this year, sell my tractor and fund an 8 tonner, there is the liklihood that it will sit idle at times but will open up quite a few doors for me and will be nice to leave it on big jobs whilst i whizz around with the three tonner doing bread and butter jobs.

That's the good thing about owning it, when you hire it you are committed to use it in a small time frame! Today I had the 7 tonner loading the , dumper and the 3 tonner to spread the stuff and just me, I just jumped from 1 to another!

I left site for 3 hours and came back and cracked on, if I had staff and it was hired I couldn't of done that and would of been stressed out!:blushing:

That's the good thing about owning it, when you hire it you are committed to use it in a small time frame! Today I had the 7 tonner loading the , dumper and the 3 tonner to spread the stuff and just me, I just jumped from 1 to another!

I left site for 3 hours and came back and cracked on, if I had staff and it was hired I couldn't of done that and would of been stressed out!:blushing:

Best way, i always think trying to communicate with others where to position the stone/dumper/whatever over the noise of machinery slows things down if anything, you get into a zone when your on your own and in pactise jumping from one machine to the other takes seconds anyway.

I don't push for work for my mini diggers these days ( don't need the hassle either) has they are paid for now , my micro digger sat idle for 3 months but last month it worked its cotton socks off and saved me a lot of hand balling ,I have work lined up for a couple of days for 2ton machine .

They are so handy to have around for unloading brash or bulk bags of chips etc ,I will never part with them .

Ste

I don't push for work for my mini diggers these days ( don't need the hassle either) has they are paid for now , my micro digger sat idle for 3 months but last month it worked its cotton socks off and saved me a lot of hand balling ,I have work lined up for a couple of days for 2ton machine .

They are so handy to have around for unloading brash or bulk bags of chips etc ,I will never part with them .

Ste

Hats off to anyone who can handle a micro digger- got to be the hardest of all surely?? I hired one a while back and was fairly embarrising on it to start with:blushing: i think its the lack of wristrests or something!