Cold callers

chrisgilltreesurgery

Brainwashed if you ask me, which is very wrong when its a child. My daughter goes to a Church of England school and I hate the religious aspect! It really gets under my skin but It was my choice to send her their so the blame lies with me..,,...and her mother

Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brainwashed if you ask me, which is very wrong when its a child. My daughter goes to a Church of England school and I hate the religious aspect! It really gets under my skin but It was my choice to send her their so the blame lies with me..,,...and her mother

Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor

That is the truth unfortunately.

It was having our first child that got me doing the research that lead my wife and I to quit.

There is a JW church near my dads house.

I see quite a few clean cut "salt lake boys". They are polite if persistent but they will take no for an answer.

I would rather have them in the neighbourhood than some of the "hoodie scrotes" I see lurking on street corners.

I find the JW's fairly sound, it's the born again Christians that don't understand no. I used to work for some and they really are brainwashed fools

Sent using My c

Say 'Yes' to every question. Or say 'No' to every question. Sooner rather than later, the caller realises they're being wound up and hang-up. If they're willing to waste my time and try to scam me in the process, I'm willing to waste their money. If I'm busy, I just hang-up.

If it's an early morning scam call. I say I'm off to work but that they can call me back in an hour and give them a number. The number given is a non-emergency line to one of the local police stations.

• 2 months later...

Two guys just arrived at our door, a charity scrapage scheme, if your windows or doors are over 8 years old they'll pay upto £2500 for them!! They basically wanted to come inside and look at all the windows & doors but when I said no they got funny. I closed the door and they started knocking again, followed by certain words (ones which will get blocked on this site). After 25 minutes I finally got them to leave, once threatening to call the police.

I then looked outside my window to see them doing the exact same thing to my elderly neighbours.