Bigger arb trucks

Horatio

A u1650 with front chipper, underbody winch and remote hiab on the rear, is perfect for everything!!!

Fact !!!:)

in the land of micros!! we have rules here and they must be obeyed, all tiny chippers are awesome, they just differ in colours, let us not fight against each other, use our extra time and strenght from zero brash dragging and use our extra energy from tea and coffee with jaffa cakes from delighted customers to stand against the timberwolf brigade.

I wish you would make your mind up:001_tongue:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/large-equipment/13123-wee-chipper-club.html

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all based on my work, Iveco 4x4 and Vermeer 230 IS the ultimate Arb Rig....., for my work, I've used Mogs, Ive used a whole lot if kit and decided on what I have based on where I work and what kind of work I do.l

As for removing timber in large amounts I use my JCB loader with grain trailer.....perfect! Job done!

Sounds like your sorted :thumbup1:

I want one machine for all jobs.

I do all the driving and want to keep staff down to an absolute minimum (their far to expensive and annoying, for my liking) so having to take more than one vehicle to site would not suit me, plus around my neck of the woods there would not be room for a loader on most sites.

The thing about mogs is there versatility, I've just finished a clearance job, I took the chipper of the front and was skidding out 5tonne Oak butts with the mog.

Sounds like your sorted :thumbup1:

I want one machine for all jobs.

I do all the driving and want to keep staff down to an absolute minimum (their far to expensive and annoying, for my liking) so having to take more than one vehicle to site would not suit me,

Got to agree with you there dave!

Way back in the mists of time, I worked for a company that had two Mogs while I was there. The latest was an all singing all dancing machine. Everything we needed was on it. We were the dogs doofers of the Arb world, back in the day. Or so we thought. We also ran Roadrunners and an Iveco truck, as well as a pick up. That Mog created more labour than it saved. It couldn't get anywhere near the work on private jobs, parking on the side of the road meant a longer drag. The crane could lift big timber, but you had to get the timber near enough in the first place. We quickly learned that to go out with the Mog was the short straw on many jobs, preferring the Roadrunners and Schliesings 220, For most private works. On site work, the Mog could handle the work better, but was ungainly, top heavy when full and in general needed either winching or towing off site again. We actually decided that UNIMOG stood for Useless, No good, Inefficient, Machine Of Grief, and I never saw anything that once proved us wrong. Oh and did I mention the horrendously high running costs, nothing is cheap on a Mog, including the labour. Fact...I've never had to work so hard since leaving that company, subbing to companies with regular transits and chippers, and you get a breather every time it's filled up. Bonus.

This thread sounds like so many we have had in the past, mog v landy v transit etc. as I have said before and it's been said on this post each of us has a different business models and what's good for 1 person would be not so good for others, a mog for me and would a waste of money as I wouldn't get it in my customers drives for log delivery and chipping, I can only just get the landy in, I then can whizz down the road at 50/60/70 mph which I understand would be hard to do in a mog. I have had a transit and got rid for the landy. So a mog might be better for some guys and a transit might be better for others but for me the landy is perfect.