Subcontracting chipper rates (to help with finance payments)

kentjames

Thats a good way to look at it actually.

At the moment I dont use a chipper and smash stuff down in a trailer - its harder, takes longer and waste away is bulkier.

The chipper is needed given some of the work coming up this winter, plus I feel like I can't compete on price with some of the bigger companies due to the waste away is incurring more time and therefore money when comparing quotes.

I'm loathed to sell myself to the full potential at the moment by way of advertising as I fear I wont win the jobs due to the lack of kit to win on price.

Catch22 perhaps, it seems clear cut but I worry about the months when there is little arb work and it still needs to be paid for ?

Buy a chipper and you won't regret it.

Don't hire it out without you though as it Will get abused, I used to let mine go out to a few tree lads, it always came back with something wrong or late at night. When it came back with £400 quid damage but no one said anything it never was hired again. It now goes with me and that's it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a Timberwolf tracked 150 6"-goes virtually anywhere. But because its tracked it needs a twin axle trailer with the infeed in the back of the tipper. Full or half day rates have proved quite popular. What the "customers" (home owners)often dont realise is the actual costs of owning/running/maintaining a woodchipper, which reflects in a quotation. Although our chipper is paid for I would advise you get the best you can afford remembering of course the size of the infeed in relation to your customers requirements, be it putting through small bush type cuttings to large branches cut by other contractors/arborist companies. Our chipper is always accompanied/operated by a trained operator and hire includes road cones and signage as well as sweep & clearup afterwards. Our chipper was quite an investment but is so usefull we simply couldnt do a proper and professional job without it. A quality clean chipper will add to your business corporate image and will eventually pay for itself...good luck, Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

200 with you grounding and chipping with a truck and chipper is about right, that way you can see what your putting through it

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Do you know how much youmake for your business working for that rate with all the equipement above?

To get anywhere in this game you need to be double that imo.