What wages do you guy think is fair for a groundsman /trainee climber

Bentonarb

during my college diploma, i was on 40 a day and was thankful for that!

after college, i managed to get someone who paid me 55 ground work and 60 climbing.

2 and a half years after leaving college im now on 80 climbing and 70 ground work which i am relatively happy with.

NB: a days work is 8 hours, if i do any more than 9 hour days, i would expect a bit extra.

as another post stated, pay increases with productivity

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like spoonz said above, whilst I was at college I was on £40 a day, been working for him for 2 years now as a climber and I've just gone up to £60 a day this week! I think your offer was very reasonable! It's not a fortune but to me I know it's guaranteed £60 a day 5 days a week compared to others who charge. £100 a day and may only get 1 or 2 days work a week.

Cheers, ben

Like spoonz said above, whilst I was at college I was on £40 a day, been working for him for 2 years now as a climber and I've just gone up to £60 a day this week! I think your offer was very reasonable! It's not a fortune but to me I know it's guaranteed £60 a day 5 days a week compared to others who charge. £100 a day and may only get 1 or 2 days work a week.

Cheers, ben

A "bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"!

yaerp tell him to do one...

I earn 85 a day as groundie as im a machine that gets tea and biscuits alot....

I seem to remember my first week was at my cost 20 yrs ago......we need to stop paying gob shites and get back to core skills again or the caravan dwelling community are gunna walk away with all the work...

Morning ,

Just trying to gauge wages for groundsman / trainee climber .

We had a guy on trial yesterday and he was a good bloke worked hard etc .

He has tickets but no Experince at all in tree work . I was chatting about wages and said I would give him £55-60 a day employed with paid holiday PPE etc for the first year and then I would review it.

He said that he wanted at least £80 a day and I told him no way as he was not worth that at the moment.

He stormed off and went home telling me I was unreasonable .

Am I ?

Be honest

hi where are you based i passed my tickets with two lads just leaving the army cracking blokes they have there own ppe saws etc and would jump at the chance to get hands on i think your resemble with your day rate plus he gets ppe the lad doesnt know hes born lucky to get that silly boy may of thrown away a good opportunity :thumbup:

My groundy is on 80 per day he started on £40and got his pay rise to £60 when he passed his cs30/31 now on £80. But he is a good groundy keeps my ropes tended and knows all knots and rigging and when he climbs he will get £100. So I think you have been more than fair with him...I would have told him to go and have fun being a street sweeper wile showing my middle finger.... These young lads won't the cash but don't wont to graft for it

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.