defender tippers i want one

Tom Hall

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a link to isuzus home page. Home Page - Isuzu D-Max Big advert NEW dmax rated at 3.5 tonne, memory was out on payload though its 1.136 against 110 which is 1.095. So it has a slightly higher payload than a 110 and the same towing capabilities. It also has a bed length of 2.3m against the 110 of 1.9m. It has combined mpg of 38.2 against 110 of 25.5. top speed 112 against 90mph. But most importantly it aint a landrover.

Heres a link to isuzus home page. Home Page - Isuzu D-Max Big advert NEW dmax rated at 3.5 tonne, memory was out on payload though its 1.136 against 110 which is 1.095. So it has a slightly higher payload than a 110 and the same towing capabilities. It also has a bed length of 2.3m against the 110 of 1.9m. It has combined mpg of 38.2 against 110 of 25.5. top speed 112 against 90mph. But most importantly it aint a landrover.

Hi muttley and good one with a lot bells on it is a round £25k and for VW pick £35 k lol lol thanks Jon

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is a built one for sale over the water, looks pretty cool. I dont know if this is specced at the updated 3.5ton towing.

2013 Isuzu D-MAX TIPPER 4X4, Price: €25,830 2.5 Diesel for sale in Dublin on CarsIreland.ie

have a 110 tipper. love it. never ever broken down (majorly), serviced every six months as any working vehicle should be during holiday time. it is my primary vehicle, but i like smaller jobs anyway and have local tip sites so never need much running too and fro.

Is that the one where the gearbox let go the day after you bought it?:001_smile:

I run 2 landy 300tdi's and a Ford Ranger

For towing locally at 3500kg and a loaded truck I use the Landies, for the longer distance smaller deliveries I use the ranger purely because it's a quieter drive, the Ranger (09 plate) don't really like towing at it's max of 3000kg, it's ok once it's rolling but getting it rolling is what it don't like.

The landies I have are great workhorses get a fair bit of abuse and tow 3500kg with the truck loaded without problems, although one has just been completely rebuilt, not because it needed it apart from the usual rusty chassis but because I want it to last a lot more years.

I had one landy that was a lemon from new a lot of years ago and gave them a wide berth for quite a few years, but you get lemons in all makes, one of my new Rangers spent 5 weeks back at the dealers in total with various issues.

We avoid one of the major cheap landy pattern part manufacturers and stick with genuine, OEM or other bits from the other part manufacturers and have never had a problem, yes they may need more work than others but they are easy enough to work on and parts are easily available and even the better quality parts are fairly cheap.

Don't know why people bother comparing defenders to all the other pickups, fact is defenders are purely work/utility vehicles IMO, made for purpose. The Japanese pickups are no doubt reliable and comfortable to drive but I'd very much regard them a jack of all trades, half car half land rover type of vibe!

I couldn't give a toss if my arm has to be perched on the edge of the window in my defender, it gets me on site in places I know for fact other makes have troubleto getting to mainly thanks to the land rovers coil suspension providing maximum traction.

Today was the first job in two months I haven't had to drive a cross granite boulder infested parts of Dartmoor to get to the job- I wouldn't change my landy for any other make.