gear on finance.. has it helped you??

Boy English

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finance is a tool, just like a saw, truck or chipper, if you need it and use it correctly it will make you money just like any other tool.

Yep.... i agree. business finance is ok. its a means to an end to grow your business.... Completely different to personal loans/finance.

Finance is a tool, just like a saw, truck or chipper, if you need it and use it correctly it will make you money just like any other tool.

I agree I have gear on finance, its how business works . Its offset againsy my business tax and I get to run reliable kit. Money is cheap at the moment so use it too you're advantage.

Too right

say a chipper will cost 300 a month over 5 years to finance, that's 75 quid a week, you are surely going to make more than that extra every week?

I'm on the other side as a person who sells finance to rural businesses - farmers & contractors

It is very common to finance big expensive kit, most businesses want modern & efficient kit to run, that cost less in repairs (or is covered by warranty)

I'm never short of work & most see finance as just another business tool, no matter how big or wealthy they

It's cash flow or lack of it that kills a business, so why use up all your cash to fund kit ?

Finance half & keep the cash in the business to run it, is what most people do

I used to pay half and personal load the rest ie new truck if really needed. I used to do at least 50k miles a year so had to be new. The thing I learnt was you can only pedal one bike at a time. Lots of toys sitting in the yard are not earning money. I would try and find more work for the mewp and save up the money for the next bit of kit. If you use the kit daily it may be worth borrowing for it to save breakdowns and improves your image.

If you're serious about your work then finance is almost a must, unless you have been given a large inheritance!

I try and finance half of the cost of new kit, that way if i need to shift it quickly I'll never be in negative equity as it were.

I currently have finance on my new land rover, and on my valtra, I have used it in the past to buy chippers and the alpine tractor.

If you wait to save up for all your kit you are loosing the advantage of having the kit straight away. The new kit should make you more productive and therefore make more money. If it isn't going to make you more money then why buy it?

Just make sure you can afford the repayments!