William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

The USA and UK have a war every few years to show off their tomahawk cruise missiles, Syria in just convenient target at this time. It's like a big advert for the multi trillion $$$ US and UK arms industry.

Well both countries need to seriously reduce their respective debts and trade deficits. So...... erm...... kerching!

And most of our arms sales go to the middle east, so if all the arab countries all gang up on each other, and expend their arms stockpiles on each other, then order more from us.......... hmmmm! Is this a bad thought, but is it not a win win situation. We get out of debt, and few people of a certain religous persuasion get to meet their quota of 72 vestel virgins in heaven?

Unless it threatens us directly, we should'nt get involved. It will only make us more enemies than friends. Everywhere we've tried to help so far, it transpires that it was a dictator (or a dictatorial group in the case of the Taliban in Afghanistan) that was holding the s**t together. Which when removed went on to seriously blow up in our faces.

I've got cousins in the British; US and Australian armed forces. I don't see why our governments must take the moral high ground and risk them or anymore of our troops to try and settle the disputes of these blood thirsty heathens that have no perception of or desire for democracy, fairness, justice or any moral sense of fair play.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got cousins in the British; US and Australian armed forces. I don't see why our governments must take the moral high ground and risk them or anymore of our troops to try and settle the disputes of these blood thirsty heathens that have no perception of or desire for democracy, fairness, justice or any moral sense of fair play.

Enough about the Scottish government, can we get back to Syria?

I was reading recently that Syria is sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves known. Certainly enough that if we had access to it we would not be reliant on Russian gas. Maybe that has something to do why we want to bomb it but Russia isn't so keen?

Unless it threatens us directly, we should'nt get involved. It will only make us more enemies than friends. Everywhere we've tried to help so far, it transpires that it was a dictator (or a dictatorial group in the case of the Taliban in Afghanistan) that was holding the s**t together. Which when removed went on to seriously blow up in our faces.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

The West has it badly wrong this time; or should I say "again".

Syria;

Actually a respectively moderate governmnnt now labelled a "regime" since it

has taken defensive action against rebels.

Said rebels are not aiming at an arab spring rather a less moderate and more fundamentalist islamic state.

But the west in its stupidity thinks to arm the rebels is the way forward. D'oh. Rebels are in cahoots with Al-quaeda remember.

US president states that the use of chemical weapons "would be a game changer".

Aagh! A plan is hatched! Rebels fire one rocket with a little nerve agent on board, indescriminently but towards it's own, ooops. "You'll be martyrs for the cause" they say. A few of our own is a price worth paying to get the west involved against Asad...

And the 'democratic' west falls for the trick; hook, line and sinker!

Plus our own foreign secretary now states that UK military action is jutifiable without UN backing!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't enough of our sons died already in Afghan and Iraq et al?

Why on earth do we have to get involved?

Principally though, how in the name of Zeus's butt hole (ref intended - name that film) have western politicians fallen for it?!

WAKE UP!

Sorry tcd they never fell for it cia planned it probably even provided said missile nerve agent. When you talk to some of the higher ranking military lads and lasses they paint a very dark picture of cia mi6 mi5 mi4 i do not sit and read conspiracy storys on the net. Just made my own judgement from intelligent people that have worked in security services now retired on there pension and not afraid to talk in private. Tin hat in place covered in foil.

Edited by Mortimer Firewood
?

Sorry tcd they never fell for it cia planned it probably even provided said missile nerve agent. When you talk to some of the higher ranking military lads and lasses they paint a very dark picture of cia mi6 mi5 mi4 i do not sit and read conspiracy storys on the net. Just made my own judgement from intelligent people that have worked in security services now retired on there pension and not afraid to talk in private. Tin hat in place covered in foil.

Can well believe it. All a flippin' mess.

The west getting involved over natural resources is a story as old as the hills. I do believe we were last in Afghanistan fighting a war over opium and who controlled the market (oh the irony of the current mission:001_rolleyes:). As for the middle east, we fought a secret war in the seventies to stop communism (which my father was part of as were quite a few RAF lads alongside the sas and other units) in the Dhofar region of Oman.

We'll be good I promise Mr Soresen sir boss

Like it Pat :biggrin: reminds me of The Green Mile, we're all John Coffey, Tony is Tom Hanks, the benevolent prison guard

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttsFhPoCslg]Oh yes sir boss like the drink- The Green Mile - YouTube[/ame]

The west getting involved over natural resources is a story as old as the hills. I do believe we were last in Afghanistan fighting a war over opium and who controlled the market (oh the irony of the current mission:001_rolleyes:). As for the middle east, we fought a secret war in the seventies to stop communism (which my father was part of as were quite a few RAF lads alongside the sas and other units) in the Dhofar region of Oman.

CIA Runs smack out of Afghanistan to fund its secret operation's same as they did in Vietnam How much gets consumed on the streets of America 1 ton a day. And then they feed you with one nation bollocks and we do the same in the uk like little puppy dogs. It stinks