William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony and easy lift guy, get yourselves a room, there's far too much sexual tension between you! And, Boss, Sir, Mr Moderator, YOU'RE derailing the thread (which of course, as moderator/owner/dictator of the universe) you may be totally entitled to due (just don't Sarin gas us or imprison us for walking the wrong way on the wheel of expression) (careful not to mention the 'free' word when referring to expression!)

Getting back on thread, what I find depressing this morning is the pap coming out of the pro-military intervention politicians such that if there's no military intervention the assumption is that we sit idly by and watch it unfold. Military intervention is a very blunt tool, and in my humble opinion, entirely inappropriate in these circumstances especially mindful of the exceptionally delicate strategic consequences. That's not to say diplomacy, statesmanship and politics are inappropriate. That's meant to be the job of government not just reverting to the fist because the former is too much effort. Do your bloody job!

Syria could prove to be someone's Waterloo, if it has not already. In spite of the terrible loss of life and destruction of a whole country, the government running Syria has nothing to loose since China, Russia will continue to fight over the spoils after all is said and done. I believe that the British Parliament, and the

US Congress, understand that the gig is up and has been for some time.

Although your suggestion about myself and someone else needing to get a room is somewhat humorous, I actually find someone catching flys with chop sticks on top of his ivory tower in his office even more amusing :thumbup:

easy-lift guy

The sooner the world gets to grips with the (currently hypothetical) energy resource "Cold Fusion", and does away with ALL religion (not faith, and yes there is a difference) the better!

Can't see that happening in my lifetime though, unless you believe in the current rate of exponential population growth, and most of us are all screwed anyway

Although your suggestion about myself and someone else needing to get a room is somewhat humorous, I actually find someone catching flys with chop sticks on top of his ivory tower in his office even more amusing :thumbup:

easy-lift guy

Ted, your little digs at Tony are getting somewhat tiresome.

The sooner the world gets to grips with the (currently hypothetical) energy resource "Cold Fusion", and does away with ALL religion (not faith, and yes there is a difference) the better!

Can't see that happening in my lifetime though, unless you believe in the current rate of exponential population growth, and most of us are all screwed anyway

There will be a seismic shift before too much longer Rob, I'm sure of it. Not sure religion is the root cause of all man kinds problems though although it is unarguably the banner under which conflicts have been justified. Take that banner away and it will simply be replaced by another - football team, skin colour, language, you name it. But I know what you mean. Maybe there is a Bertrand Zorbrist out there waiting to solve the population problem!

There will be a seismic shift before too much longer Rob, I'm sure of it. Not sure religion is the root cause of all man kinds problems though although it is unarguably the banner under which conflicts have been justified. Take that banner away and it will simply be replaced by another - football team, skin colour, language, you name it. But I know what you mean. Maybe there is a Bertrand Zorbrist out there waiting to solve the population problem!

:biggrin::lol:

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. The cynic in me thinks that even if there was a scientist out there that could cure the rapid expansion of the human population peacefully, there would be some governmental, political or military regime out there that would bury it because it wouldn't make them any money or that war wasn't involved...

Glad to see the British parliament reject the case for bombing Syria.

Hey Tony, why do liberals like Clegg, Ashdown, Campbell and Williams want war so bad? you'd think they'd be last people wanting to launch cruise missiles at conscripted soldiers and civilians who operate the various military installations which will be targeted.

By the way Paddy Ashdown is a total joke, a morally pious, sanctimonious, self serving career politician.....I despise people like him.