William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Glad to see the British parliament reject the case for bombing Syria.

Hey Tony, why do liberals like Clegg, Ashdown, Campbell and Williams want war so bad? you'd think they'd be last people wanting to launch cruise missiles at conscripted soldiers and civilians who operate the various military installations which will be targeted.

By the way Paddy Ashdown is a total joke, a morally pious, sanctimonious, self serving career politician.....I despise people like him.

you read my mind! Saw Paddy in his usual self-righteous interview; hmmm :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you read my mind! Saw Paddy in his usual self-righteous interview; hmmm :001_rolleyes:

What's he getting out his lobbying for bombing though? bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we'll never know about, Paddy - 'I'll help you guys make the case for bombing and you do this for me, right?'

Why would Britain want to get involved in a vicious sectarian civil war anyway? can't they see the pattern? Iraq, Afghanistan now Syria, the trouble just keeps moving around and we keep getting sucked into the violence.

By the way - didn't the USA/UK do such a great job in Iraq? this was from Wednesday

Baghdad bomb attacks kill 71, wound 201 as cars explode across city - NY Daily News

and today

Car bombs kill 11 in northern Iraq | Reuters

Interesting that you see the membership (and therefore yourself) as an allegorical christ figure Tim - although I do appreciate the related symbolism of me being a potentially cursed man with a job to do, however distasteful it might be...

In the same vein, and without any intention of further de-railing the original thought provoking and well balanced diatribe, I would liken my role more to that of Mr Miyagi in the 1984 spectacular 'The Karate Kid'. You guys are Daniel-san and through my obtuse and apparently punitive teaching methods you will develop an ingrained response to do the right thing in any given situation.

Funny isn't it what we read in one another, I had you down as the head of Thought Police bearing in mind you've took it upon yourself to ban Thoughtcrime and Crimethink in this thread:biggrin:

The Orwellian Nightmare! .....

Another ridiculous post...well done.

And Lee, as a former moderator you know full well that no moderator takes it on himself to do anything without talking as a group first.

This very issue of the same old members repeatedly pushing their conspiracy theorist views etc has been discussed. This is an arb forum, if people want to talk conspiracy theories theres some great forums out there for that im sure....and if they have a lounge area perhaps you can even talk about trees there too :biggrin:

Ok I may have been slightly out with blaming religion wholly, but it plays its part.

Basically, it comes down to money, power, technology, energy and oil... and those that stand to profit from revolution and war; the nuclear industry, the big oils, the OPEC members.

As far back as the the industrial revolution, 20% of the world' s population had their lives improved whilst vast swathes of people suffered miserable slave like existences, toiling the ground for natural resources feeding the cats while their own land was left polluted and spoiled.

The information revolution is doing the same thing on a local and global scale. Again the lives of 20% are improved whilst others (especially in manufacturing) are rendered jobless, destitute and excess to society's needs. Poor countries fall into the information divide and their populations lag even further behind as they squander their income just trying to keep the lights on.

The poverty and pollution of the oil age will continue - pumping oil, shoveling coal, dumping nuclear waste by the ton. The wars will go on whilst more greedy politicians and energy companies bathe in crisp bank notes. We'll have more debacles like Iraq and Afghanistan and currently possibly Syria. Iran will be next and then the whole Arabian peninsula when the house of Saud collapses. USA will bankrupt itself fighting wars in the desert out can not win, whilst the rest of Europe (excluding the UK if we continue to shack up worth big uncy sam) and Asia watch and reap the rewards communism wins).

There is a dangerous imbalance between the first and third worlds on this unstable planet and a cheap, renewable, easily accessible energy source would go along way to rectifying the problems we have. Unfortunately there is negative side to the human condition, one which is prevalent most in our so called leaders...

In principle I would say go in. BUT there is just to many variables. There has been plenty of evidence of extremist factions supporting the rebels, if we go in then the lightly hood is we pave the way for another extremist regime maybe similar to the Taliban to take power. After all that is what is going on every where else. Remove the head then watch the power crazy fight to get the top job and be in charge.

Then there is Iran, China, Russia, Hezbollah, Yemen and I am sure others who will I am sure in one way or another stick the boot in to give us a bloody nose.

If we do get involved I vote we wait about 3-4yrs and then go in save the day make films about how great we are etc (see how the septics like it for a change)

Besides never fear the UN are in the process of wording a strongly worded letter to Syria, so it will all be over when the postie arrives in the next few days

Edited by cl3525

Ok I may have been slightly out with blaming religion wholly, but it plays its part.

It plays a HUGE part!!

The worst thing is the way the idea of any sort of "afterlife" cheapens life, after all if there is heaven or an immoral soul there is no "death".

Basically, it comes down to money, power, technology, energy and oil... and those that stand to profit from revolution and war; the nuclear industry, the big oils, the OPEC members.

As far back as the the industrial revolution, 20% of the world' s population had their lives improved whilst vast swathes of people suffered miserable slave like existences, toiling the ground for natural resources feeding the cats while their own land was left polluted and spoiled.

The information revolution is doing the same thing on a local and global scale. Again the lives of 20% are improved whilst others (especially in manufacturing) are rendered jobless, destitute and excess to society's needs. Poor countries fall into the information divide and their populations lag even further behind as they squander their income just trying to keep the lights on.

The poverty and pollution of the oil age will continue - pumping oil, shoveling coal, dumping nuclear waste by the ton. The wars will go on whilst more greedy politicians and energy companies bathe in crisp bank notes. We'll have more debacles like Iraq and Afghanistan and currently possibly Syria. Iran will be next and then the whole Arabian peninsula when the house of Saud collapses. USA will bankrupt itself fighting wars in the desert out can not win, whilst the rest of Europe (excluding the UK if we continue to shack up worth big uncy sam) and Asia watch and reap the rewards communism wins).

There is a dangerous imbalance between the first and third worlds on this unstable planet and a cheap, renewable, easily accessible energy source would go along way to rectifying the problems we have. Unfortunately there is negative side to the human condition, one which is prevalent most in our so called leaders...

Won't argue against any of your post Rob. But the African subcontinent will be the next oil battlefield with the Arabian peninsula commencing a gentle downturn in strategic (oil) importance in the coming decades. Look at the destruction in the Niger delta for an insight to what lays ahead.