10x5 Tipper Trailer ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Which tipper?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which tipper?

Utter nonsense. They are cheaper than an ifor, but a 'cheap copy' they most certainly aren't. And the reason I got rid of mine was because I got out of the firewood business so had no need for it. If I needed to buy another trailer that size i'd most certainly buy the same again

Good to hear. Was only what I'd been told, probably by an ifor rep :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for an atlas without a doubt. They have many decent features as standard on their trailers that would be an added cost on other manufacturers. The actual price is pretty good too and there are small things I like such as greasable tipping pivots/light guards/ inbuilt tye down points on the floor.

The chassis used to be manufactured abroad but Atlas have assured me its all British built- probably by Graham Edwards I imagine seeing as the telephone number is the same for both companies and when they answer Graham Edwards puts you through to Atlas.

I believe all the main brand tipping trailers have pretty good resale value particularly nowadays as they are all decent bits of kit whereas before only Ifor had the monopoly.

Haven't read particularly good things about the new Ifor but it looked pretty convincing at the apf show.

For the fear of sounding like a broken record I will link to this on my latest ifor tipper

The raised floor joints are also now bending from pallet bearers sitting on them, and a new one this week is the dropside posts have cracked the welds and are starting to get cracks in the plate where they bolt in place.

I would be buying a brian james next time if it was a tipper, they look a much nicer built trailer.

Lindsey porter in land rover monthly did a feature on his atlas tipper with all the extras, it had ramps, mesh high side s a winch and a tarp that went over the high sides, looked really smart and I think its quite a bit cheaper than an ifor.

Simple ifor all the way Brian James and Bateson are utter rubbish all right for folk that don't work um hard. Have an 18ft tri axel ifor that's 3 years old with about 30,000 mile on it and apart from tyres that's it broke a Bateson in 2 at less than 12 months old!

Well that's my humble opinion!

Simple ifor all the way Brian James and Bateson are utter rubbish all right for folk that don't work um hard. Have an 18ft tri axel ifor that's 3 years old with about 30,000 mile on it and apart from tyres that's it broke a Bateson in 2 at less than 12 months old!

Well that's my humble opinion!

How polarised is that! The complete opposite to other opinions i.e. Brian James utter rubbish!! Proper confusing :001_rolleyes::confused1:

I'd be more inclined to take those kind of comments seriously if it were possible to point out the differences in design that make one trailer rubbish and one the best ever.

They are built the same way using similar materials, how can there be so much difference between them?