10x5 Tipper Trailer ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Which tipper?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which tipper?

For what its worth TCD,i know of 2 brian james trailers that just about disintigrated with use,this was few years ago when he was starting to do more than just car transporters.

When i was in a bateson dealers yard last year i saw a big pallet stacked high with faulty axles being returned to stockport.

Ive had a brenderup bravo for the last 5 years and i cant fault it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Steve says, I bought his Atlas, it has served me pretty faultlessly since and has been worked extremely hard, including being loaded with big lumps by machines.

I ticked Ifor on the poll however because, I think the one drawback of the atlas is the quality of the steel itself, the build quality is fine, as good as an ifor, and or course all the parts other than the chassis are the same as an ifor anyway. But the Chinese made chassis and tipping body are showing signs of wear, well abuse really, I think an ifor would probably have fared better. The galvanising is probably not quite as good either.

Would I have another Atlas? Yes. will my next trailer be an atlas? maybe... but if an ifor came up at the right price..

As Steve says, I bought his Atlas, it has served me pretty faultlessly since and has been worked extremely hard, including being loaded with big lumps by machines.

I ticked Ifor on the poll however because, I think the one drawback of the atlas is the quality of the steel itself, the build quality is fine, as good as an ifor, and or course all the parts other than the chassis are the same as an ifor anyway. But the Chinese made chassis and tipping body are showing signs of wear, well abuse really, I think an ifor would probably have fared better. The galvanising is probably not quite as good either.

Would I have another Atlas? Yes. will my next trailer be an atlas? maybe... but if an ifor came up at the right price..

hang on, go back a bit and Steve Bullman is saying the chinese thing is utter nonsense???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm rapidly concluding that this thread is completely useless. Other threads re bateson say brilliant (as was the bateson stock trailer I had years ago) this one lists the faults. Ifor the best followed by gone down in quality. BJ the rolls royce followed by "falling apart". I was set on a bateson but now thinking nugent :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

Ifor still make a good robust trailer but have reduced quality in alot of areas probably to stay competetive with other makes. I dont like the rubber block suspension units they either fall to bits or work harden and make the trailer jump around when empty. There is alot of poor quality recycled steel in china often its difficult to apply galvanising to it.

I have to agree with the above, we are just considering buying a new trailer with crane on it and that is mounted on a new ifor tri axle which doesn't look too bad quality wise, but there has been a lot of corners cut in the newer designed tippers, and in trying to reduce the weight they made them very flimsy and not man enough like the older tippers were.

I was speaking to the dealer about some issues on mine the other day and he admitted that they have had complaints about the new floor.

Buy mine if you like, i'll be happy to see the back of it tbh

I wonder how many people rating the ifors actually own a new style one, and if they have a new style is it there first ifor tipper or have they owned previous ifor tippers.

Edited by scraggs

We have 3.5 ton indespension, works well for us, but not used any to compare. We got a good price as they felt guilty as our chipper was nicked from their yard.. looking at their web site they dont have tippers any more so probably not a very useful post!

We have 3.5 ton indespension, works well for us, but not used any to compare. We got a good price as they felt guilty as our chipper was nicked from their yard.. looking at their web site they dont have tippers any more so probably not a very useful post!

I have the indy 8x5 now but selling it as want 10x5. Indespension have stopped doing them!

One thing that no one has mentioned, is spares availability for any repairs. A friend of mine has a large Ifor, and in the course of working it hard over the years various parts have required fixing or replacing. Off the shelf replacement parts are readily available, pop into local Agroco dealer and jobs a good un. May of us expect to just back up and hitch on, without ever really maintaining a trailer properly, so reliable spares backup is IMO very important.