Stihl ms 150t poor build quality ?

Watson

Cheers.

Also, has anyone fitted a new tank unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What are you doing to them? The tank assy is part of the housing for everything!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Splendid, cheers for that. Did you fit it yourself? If so, I have all mine off apart from the bit the carb sits in. Got the carb off and other screws out but can't work out how to get that piece off the saw body? Looks like the boot is stopping it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No we didn't do it. But the guy that did said it was a pain.

• 3 years later...

We are considering no replacing ours, the guys love them but they are just not up to the abuse they get.  I have a feeling they are being used when really a 200t would be more suitable...

I am sure an owner operator who looks after and moves to a bigger saw when they need to would get many happy years use but when not loved they don't seem to last long.  

• Like 1

We are considering no replacing ours, the guys love them but they are just not up to the abuse they get.  I have a feeling they are being used when really a 200t would be more suitable...

I am sure an owner operator who looks after and moves to a bigger saw when they need to would get many happy years use but when not loved they don't seem to last long.  

I had a 150 for about 3 years, great saw but really weak plastic s, moved to an echo 2115, seems a bit more robust and defo more grunt, even without drilling the exhaust
  • Like 1

The weak points are the engine mounts but made worse as the owners use the choke lever to stop the saw. The bolts come loose, the kill switch not working is the first sign of an issue but most arb guys are clever and use the choke lever to stop the saw until the clutch is flapping in the breeze and the lower crank case needs rebuilding:001_rolleyes: Done a few interesting mods to sort this issue on various levels of wear!