Sign writing questions...

DannyCane

As I have only just started out I'm new to all this so just a few questions on van sign writing :

1= what should I include in the writing ?

2 = Go for an eye catching picture or just a simple yet effective logo?

3= Advertise that I am on forums such as this ?

4 = Is it appropriate to add who I sponsor : ie the local fire show , and a friend who races ?

Many thanks

Danny Cane

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have only just started out I'm new to all this so just a few questions on van sign writing :

1= what should I include in the writing ?

2 = Go for an eye catching picture or just a simple yet effective logo?

3= Advertise that I am on forums such as this ?

4 = Is it appropriate to add who I sponsor : ie the local fire show , and a friend who races ?

Many thanks

Danny Cane

I think keep it simple and to the point . E.G. Green Hill Tree Surgery . 01243 787919 . M . 07984567912

I think keep it simple and to the point . E.G. Green Hill Tree Surgery . 01243 787919 . M . 07984567912

Seconded. The only time I think a picture works is full wrap, eg. the Sky vans.

A clean and tidy van should do the job- the only time your customers will really compute and take note is when it's parked up next to the job- and then your work should be doing the selling, the van is just a giant business card.

Cheers for the help guys , will upload a few ideas soon as come up with a couple , my lawn signs seem to be doing well at getting me work when put out on site and they are only about 2ft by 1ft , so the idea of spending the money to get the van done seems like the best thing to do rather than place ads in the local paper

Being a transit un sign written also gives the impression I am a you know what , so a few of my customers have told me ...

Yup. Ive had vans sign written in the past. Lots of info on etc... hen changed vans... lost out on money from sign writing plus pain to remve so much.

Now its an external board bolted to sides. Name. Message n number :thumbup1:

I know what you mean about a pain in the backside to remove had to do this when I first purchased the van , the idea of a bolt on sign won't work with mine tho , as its a panel van :P, however that is a useful idea for my trailer as the cable ties holding on the plastic sign works but doesn't look very professional