New log stores for sale

Axholme

Think it would be better if it was wider so its capacity was increased,bulk bag will be used in no time, it would also benefit from a shelf near the top to store smaller pieces or kindling,this would make it more stable too.

Just my opinion though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theese are the best quality & looking ones iv'e seen for sale online but are pricey

Log store, wood store and firewood delivery

I copied this B1 design & added a tarp on front that can be let down when its very wet.

Mine doesn't look so pretty as that one though as from scrap wood decking. Roof sloping up & front is better imo for using full space in store.

They use untreated wood so are more eco...

Hi Axeholme, if you are going to send them out on pallets, you can make them wider as a pallet is 1.2M wide. They can go out assembled as height for a pallet is 2M and you are just under. If sending on pallets the cost varies depending on post code across the country. If going flat pack remember that they must be easily assembled by idiot's. I know as i run sunnyfields poultry housing and i send my chicken houses all round the country on pallets. Have a look at my website.

Right, after going round a few garden centres and a country store, it seems that the above log store should be our bench mark for "Heavy Duty".

£240 was a good retail price for how it's built.........

I've spoken to a pallet delivery company it will cost us £84 inc VAT to deliver to Middle England. This is down to London across to Bristol and up to the Borders. It would be £35 +VAT but the log store is 6' tall so has to be a double pallet charge. If I sent it erected it would be one pallet size but I think it would cause problems.

For £240 we will include delivery within the above areas, we are not VAT registered.

My problem now is how to make the instructions readable/easy to understand. It will only be a matter of screwing the sides together along with the roof and the floor but do you just write the instructions or use pictures as well. Maybe a blown up diagram?

Any more thoughts/advice would be gratefully received.

More wood to buy tomorrow to make a couple more variations though not quite so heavy duty...............

stack them high sell them cheap,when you get to about 35 pallets a week courier

salesmen will be calling with you because they are desparate to fill theyer

lorrys,not only do I get a very good price off one company they even extended

the footprint of a standard pallet size to 5x4 at 6ft high. Good Luck as it is a mad mad world out there and as far as fiting instructions just give them the number to your give a damn department :lol: