First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this little saw! But I couldn't get it to oil so took off bar turned it on its side with the oil cap off and ran it to clear air block which worked oil came out straight away. Today lowering the height of a conifer ran out of fuel, refuled and if has hardly used any oil at all. Used 200t to finish off the job until i can get it oiling properly. Anyone had any oiling issues?

Funnily enough, when I bought mine the dealer got one out to do the pdi and it wouldn't oil. They sent that back to stihl and got me another. This one is fine.

Has anyone modded one yet?

Possibly too early to shoot the warranty yet, but would make it into a different animal I reckon:sneaky2:

Funnily enough, when I bought mine the dealer got one out to do the pdi and it wouldn't oil. They sent that back to stihl and got me another. This one is fine.

Has anyone modded one yet?

Possibly too early to shoot the warranty yet, but would make it into a different animal I reckon:sneaky2:

which dealer did you get in from . alan ??

Anyone had any oiling issues?

I did, which was quickly sorted by draining the tank, pulling out the rubber in the oil feed, sticking a bit of wire in to clear it, then flushing the tank with a drop of petrol.

I regularly do this to all my top handles, keeps them oiling nicely. They seem to gunk and dirt up a lot easier than any back handle saws, possibly because I remove the bars a lot more on other saws.

fallen to bits :confused1: what are you using it for pruning work or for dismanting/chogging down ??

Chogging down:eek:. Deadwooding, reductions. Gets used most days its just not man enough unless your extra slow and gentle when getting around a tree but it wont stop me getting another.

Mines still being sporadic about oiling cleaned it out many times...some times the chain will get tight stop working I leave it ticking over and rev it up and all of a suden it will start oiling ... Maybe too much !! its a great pruning saw but I would not dream of using it on any thing needed to chase cuts like felling... But it is only 23cc.. That's tiny !!

mine needs cleaning every day, specifically, raking out the bar ..sometimes twice a day if I'm using it in things I shouldn't be ;). I think this is due to the small chain size producing smaller sawdust particles. Not too much of a problem if you just use it for pruning, thinning and other light work (what it was intended for). My 201T is off sick at the mo, so my 150T is living a hard life this week!

Originally Posted by Le Sanglier

Why get a 150? It's going to be gutless. The 201 I have just bought is an absolute peach. If your not strong enough to carry a 201 on your belt or use it all day well....

Just curious, but when you go logging do you use an 880 with 4foot bar? Also when shedding a fallen stem do you use a 660 with a 3 foot bar?

No, but when I go up a tree I take a 200/201 cos they're more powerful and I can hold them in one hand easy, if you want to use a householders saw fine, fill your boots! I see they are already falling to bits.