First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

I found a possible fault with the design, the oil and petrol fillers are so close I recon they should only be opened and topped up one at a time, my reason for this is that over time even small ammounts of chain oil could contaminate the fuel.

Apart from that small detail I love my to bits and dont know how I managed with out it .

Very good point, something I thought about today whilst watching a new colleague fill mine up. I think I'll request that in future (at the risk of having the saw given back and told to do it my self!)

It really does make bigger top handles seem cumbersome in comparison, I can't imagine life without mine now

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have converted two other people at work, they love it!

Even used it on a medium Ash dismantle the other day, thought i'd give it a real test - it coped well upto 6/7 inch wood (ooh err!) before the bigger saw was sent up.

I have converted two other people at work, they love it!

Even used it on a medium Ash dismantle the other day, thought i'd give it a real test - it coped well upto 6/7 inch wood (ooh err!) before the bigger saw was sent up.

Lol im a sucker for abusing mine on larger wood. Im also so confident at cutting and holding with it :eek:

I have had to clean the oil tank out twice to get it to oil, considering its only done about 15 tanks of fuel I'm disappointed it may have the same crappy oiler that's in the stihl pole saw that has proven to be about as reliable... The chain brake feels like marshmallow and its seriously underpowered , still it suits certain jobs perfectly almost!

I have had to clean the oil tank out twice to get it to oil, considering its only done about 15 tanks of fuel I'm disappointed it may have the same crappy oiler that's in the stihl pole saw that has proven to be about as reliable... The chain brake feels like marshmallow and its seriously underpowered , still it suits certain jobs perfectly almost!

Under powered compaired to what ?

Say a 200t but I would say i was never expecting it to be.. It would be nice if it was but that's not my issue its the bloody oiler, I just don't like down time on new tools !! Saw still fills a niche nothing else is offering :)

Say a 200t but I would say i was never expecting it to be.. It would be nice if it was but that's not my issue its the bloody oiler, I just don't like down time on new tools !! Saw still fills a niche nothing else is offering :)

Got to admit iv had issues with mine oiling, the hole on the bar keeps getting blocked.

Is it a case of making sure debris does'nt enter the oil tank ?