A MOG and A Run in with VOSA !!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haulage does not apply as it carrige of your own goods,thats why you do not need an ops licence for tree work,when the truck is full of chips/timber its yours!

I think you do need an o licence, I used to have an orange disc which was for a restricted licence which was for my own goods. The blue disc is a non restricted which is for haulage of other people's goods. As I understand it, if you are using a vehicle larger than 3500kg for business you need an operators licence. I don't know about Mogs though.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi mate

Ive spent months looking into this and because I have heard various answers from people I emailed VOSA to get an answer. I sent them my vehicle details weights etc ( RB 44 ) and what it is used for i.e Arb and they confirmed in writing which i keep in the cab that my truck is classed as a dual purpose vehicle and does not require a ' O ' licence .They also sent me a down load explaining dual purpose and O licence exemptions.

Hi mate

Ive spent months looking into this and because I have heard various answers from people I emailed VOSA to get an answer. I sent them my vehicle details weights etc ( RB 44 ) and what it is used for i.e Arb and they confirmed in writing which i keep in the cab that my truck is classed as a dual purpose vehicle and does not require a ' O ' licence .They also sent me a down load explaining dual purpose and O licence exemptions.

What's the unladen weight of an RB44?

If it's 2040kg or more it cannot fall within the C&U Regs definition of a DPV and does need an O licence.

Why don'y you just call Atkinson Voss and listen to them?

After all they sell these things you know.

i wouldnt take what they say as gospel TBH, unless you get it from horses mouth (VOSA) anything else is pretty pointless? VOSA aint gonna let you off at side of the road cos atkinson vos said it was ok to haul 10 ton of chip down the motorway

if he s got the paper work off VOSA sayin its exempt who are we to pick holes?

Because it wouldn't be the first time that VOSA had got things badly wrong, and the fact that "VOSA said..." is no defence in a court of law.

The ULW for a 3.3m wb Ford-engined RB44 chassis only seems to be 2049kg, with basic body the military spec gives an ULW of 3000kg, so it is extremely unlikely that it falls under the C&U Regs definition for a Dual Purpose Vehicle.