Traditional tree surgeons

Buzzsurgeon

How many traditional tree surgeons are left, that use both ends of the rope and don't bother with flip lines, loops or strops. Only use three knots prussik, bowline and timber hitch.

24mm poly prop with topping strop and climbing spikes, job done.

A typical climb will involve branch rolling and climbing above anchor point and snatching the top off an old lombardy pollard, oh and the old 020 that weighed 3 ton and set on fire while using it and you had to be trained at Merrist Wood!!

Edited by Buzzsurgeon
missed info

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moi, I,m one of those old fashioned gits, I,ve been so wrapped up in my own little world for years. I saw some of the fandangled gadgets on my climbing course, even tried the instructors lockjack. I am really stuck in my ways, I like the simplicity in using both ends of my line. I learnt the basics from Jeremy Ault, anyone know him ?

I only just brought a new fangled wire core flip line to replace my trusty wire strop i brought at merrist wood 16 years ago,still only use it for spiking though....its good to move with the times other wise it gets all stale,any thing that claims to make the job easyer and quicker has got to be worth a go