Tree work in London??? so who is it then :)

base

It was out with the cones, climbers fault for cutting, groundies fault for being doppy. climber can see hundreds of meters either side!:thumbdown:

Not done any street tree contract climbing then stevie? its difficult stuff with poor prices and pressures to get stuff done. In that situation groundie could have been paying more attention on traffic to stop them and once stopped allowed climber to cut but like i said short cuts happen on these types of jobs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists fault. If you wanted to be sure every branch fell within the work site, you'd have to cone off the whole road.

In the pressures of commercial council contracts there will always be one branch that goes awry somewhere.

Anyway, it's 50 points for a cyclist :D (sorry Silky!)

Not done any street tree contract climbing then stevie? its difficult stuff with poor prices and pressures to get stuff done. In that situation groundie could have been paying more attention on traffic to stop them and once stopped allowed climber to cut but like i said short cuts happen on these types of jobs

I have done hundreds of street trees mate!

The facts are the climber dropped the branch and nearly hit a cyclist who was NOT in the work zone, anything else is an excuse!:sneaky2:

How come the van had the sense to stop well away from the groundie and the cyclist didn't. Surely the cyclist thought he'd push thro down the side of the groundie when the traffic had already stopped. Like going through red lights. Jumping up on the pavement, etc.

How come the van had the sense to stop well away from the groundie and the cyclist didn't. Surely the cyclist thought he'd push thro down the side of the groundie when the traffic had already stopped. Like going through red lights. Jumping up on the pavement, etc.

Thats more like it . We had plastic barriers up once with foot path closed signs, cones , the whole shooting match . Along comes this jogger . I shout and gesticulate at him but he keeps coming so I shout to the climber to stop cutting . The jogger vaults the first plastic barrier , jogs through the "kill" zone , attempts to vault the other barrier and trips on it and fall flat on his face . I really felt like giving up that day .

Its a cyclist, as soon as they feel the hug of Lycra they grow "built in right of way" syndrome:001_rolleyes:

they might of had a groundy in the road but he was standing on the wrong side of the tree so he was letting the traffic roll up to him and under the tree. The cyclist should of stopped to be fair but you could put a coach load of people in Hi-Viz jackets in the road and there will always be some muppet that will stick their foot down and try and get past.