Tree work in London??? so who is it then :)

base

Road signs not positioned proper

Probably have done with a few more cones

Hi vis already mentioned.

If cyclist was hit then it was tree guys fault as outside work zone.

Classic case of groundie trying to direct traffic and be a groundie= cost cutting

Truth is this could have been any of us and we should just take it as a warning.

By the way- when cycling I am bristling with focus and I love the way it makes you feel alive. Danger is sometimes good. Can't believe anyone could blame the cyclist.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately it's not the cyclists fault even if he got hit, it is the contractors responsibility to stop him even if he's being a numpty and not concentrating.

Bottom line, it's the contractor who will be in the wrong.

I 100% agree with you Carl, as I said it was crap traffic management and poor communication, but I stand by what I say jo public will never seize to amaze me when it comes down to common sense

Think about it for a minute, I have been driving and cycling for longer than you've been alive so I understand exactly how to cycle and allow for motorists and vice versa so for you to say a cyclist concentrates on anything other than the road really pisses me off.

To be fair mick you weren't the cyclist in the video.

Exactly Adam, that's why the contractor has to do more to protect the public, because they are idiots, and cyclists (not all of course) are capable of being idiots as well.

I've been cycling for 30 plus years and I'm a total ****! I'd have cycled round that worksite with no intention of stopping for the inept groundie.

Incidentally he (the groundie) isn't really meant to stop traffic anyway. Two groundies with full sleeve vests and stop go boards are required, so he's lucky the van stopped.

That is why I don't work for the likes of the company in the video. High pressure jobs to complete or you don't get paid. Usually not enough staff to do safely and traffic is a nightmare.

I don't want to tar every cyclist with the same brush, but Central London has it's fair share of idiots on 2 wheels. A lot of people cycle, use mopeds or motor cycles to save time getting around. A lot seem to think that red lights, zebra crossing and junctions don't apply to them.

So why would an inadequately coned work area on a busy road be any different?

To some it is just another thing they might see as an obstacle to navigate around or through to continue saving a bit of time.

FTR I have been ridden into by a cyclist as I was crossing the road outside Euston Station. Pedestrian crossing, the lights were red, Green man said go and the cyclist carried on but eventually wobbled and fell off.

Yeah I would never have carried on but I understand tree work and roadworks in general, not every joe does.

Which, I think, is what Adam was getting at.

BTW Mick, I've crossed to the dark side and bought a road bike!