It's Sunday FFS !!!!!!!!

DN22 Gardening

I Find some of the negative comments amusing.

I wonder if some opinions would change if they were to receive a call at 7am ish asking how much for a bag of logs.

Just a thought.

Its the only chance I get to have a lie in.

Interesting one this. I work six and half days a week. I don't answer the phone after 6pm, just let it go to answer phone. My good clients know that if they need to talk to me urgently to leave a message and ill get back to them straight away, otherwise it can wait until the morning. Same applies for Sundays although I'm often out quoting on a Sunday. Because I work two jobs I need time to myself at some stage, hence not answering calls after 6pm. It doesn't seem to affect the amount of work I get and more and more people seem happy to contact me via email or text which solves much of the problem anyway. I'm sure if I was full time self employed again and in need of work, sales etc though, I'd be answering the phone no matter what time. Beggars can't be choosers.

I work at least 70 hours a week, one of the joys of being self employed.

It was suggested earlier that people who don't answer their phones during unsociable hours are somehow being disrespectful toward their customers and are guilty of poor Customer service.

Down time is extremely important to your health, it has nothing to do with your attitude toward the client.

You don't have down time and you will crash and burn before long

The reason you are so outraged Dean is because you are working 70 hrs a week, you will be knackered come Sunday morning mate.

The guys that are not outraged, have enough energy to put strategies in place to cover these situation, like flick 2 switches on 2 phones to silent.

This thread should be called lets make a Mountain out of a Molehill thread.

The answer to the problem for some has been spelled out, now the same folk are preaching Morals, then manners, pretty much just coming out with stuff rather than just listen and learn from others .

If you are editing for the world to come round to your way of thinking you are going to be very disappointed .

I am currently having a picnic with my youngest in the van down the beach.

My customers are not to know this, if they call I will either answer or let it go to answer, I won't be outraged.

Chill guys, it's a gloomy time of year, don't add to it for the sake of it, think of happy thoughts :)

The reason you are so outraged Dean is because you are working 70 hrs a week, you will be knackered come Sunday morning mate.

The guys that are not outraged, have enough energy to put strategies in place to cover these situation, like flick 2 switches on 2 phones to silent.

The answer to the problem for some has been spelled out, now the same folk are preaching Morals, then manners, pretty much just coming out with stuff rather than just listen and learn from others .

If you are editing for the world to come round to your way of thinking you are going to be very disappointed .

My customers are not to know this, if they call I will either answer or let it go to answer, I won't be outraged.

Chill guys, it's a gloomy time of year, don't add to it for the sake of it, think of happy thoughts :)

I'll second that last sentence.....:001_smile:

Well said that man

:congrats::congrats:

I'm not in slightest bit outraged Stevie. I,m about as chilled as you can be without cannabis. I,m quote happy to work 70 hours a week too, I get paid well for it.

I just don't like it being suggested my customer service stinks because I don't answer my phone in the wee hours.

We all have a choice, I do turn my phones on silent after 6pm and on a Sunday. I don't have a problem with people phoning me at silly hours now. Thing is it has taken me 26 years of being self employed to find out that not having down time does make you ill. I do all you have suggested and more.

If people want to answer their phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week then get on with it, I don't have a problem with that, it's their choice. I do have a problem with ignorant selfish people though, society is riddled with them. We have been dealing with them all week working roadside with traffic control and footpath closed.

I think ignorant selfish people should be taken to the vets, given electric shock treatment for one hour, dunked in battery acid up to there neck for ten minutes, then into salt for another five then released onto the Yorkshire moors bollok naked and left to walk themselves to the hospital.

That's my opinion and on a public forum of which its primary function is to debate and express such issues, I intend to do just that, it keeps me sane and stops me from bottling it up.

So mr Blair, buy yourself a pipe, go to the printer and print this post out, screw it up into a little ball, stick it in your pipe and smoke it, then collect the ash and insert it into your rectum :thumbup:

Edited by Dean Lofthouse