It's Sunday FFS !!!!!!!!

DN22 Gardening

That's where the problem lies you see, we do like dealing with people and do so very well indeed, we have excellent time keeping, excellent customer service,are very polite and most of all respectful to the customers property and plants.

That's exactly why my phone does ring a lot

I didn't think it woulld be long before you came out with the "Dean Lofthouse rationale" I am sucessful ergo I am right.

I haven't read all this thread, but I've cast an eye over the last few pages. I don't want calling at 7.40am on a Sunday, my phone is set to silent, answer phone is on the landline, no problem. I have a separate phone for my "best" clients which means they can get a hold of me in case of emergencies, they work in the City and need someone to pop in and deal with situations. They do not abuse this privilege. It is not rude to have office hours, you can still provide a full and professional service, it relieves stress, and makes for a far more pleasant world. We all have different ways of handling calls, I'm sure we can learn something from each other.

Not really anything to do with original post but sundays are my favourite day to work- the roads are dead quite on the way to work, my partner works funny hours anyway and id prefer to have Monaday (for example) off so that when i go somewhere there arn't loads of people out and about cos they're all at work, and if i want something the shops are open, I just work a job in the sticks somewhere so i don't ruin my customers sunday.

However it is important particularly if your self employed to allow at least one day off a week otherwise it all gets a bit much!