It's Sunday FFS !!!!!!!!

DN22 Gardening

Can't believe folk are complaimimg about customers contacting them. You can akways say no. Or don't answer the phone. Looks like customer service is a low priority. We have had a lot of work from people complaining of contractors not turning up or letting them down in other ways. Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum.

Well said. Customer service is a must. One persons word can cost you a lot !!

Can't believe it.!!!!!!

07:42 this morning and someone thinks its ok to ring wanting logs !!!!!!

FFS some people have no consideration.

Couldn't find the phone in time so the call went to answer phone

I know its a little petulant, but i'm going to ring them back at half eleven tonight to see when they want them delivered :lol:

haha! Cheeky sods! Keep up updated on the return call!!

Thanks for the replies guys........

Sundays are just another workday for me.

By 9am i was at the yard loading up the first of my two deliveries.

After Sunday lunch i was back out getting the trucks and chipper ready for monday morning.

The problem was the fact that the call was at the crack of dawn on a sunday. any other day of the week (saturdays included) i'd be up and at it, so there wouldn't be a problem.

If i'm ringing clients, i ring AFTER 9.00am and BEFORE 8.30pm, unless otherwise agreed.

Its not rocket science, its being considerate of other peoples situations.

Likewise, we never start the chipper before 8:30am, all noisy work in the workshop at home stops at 7:30pm, and if we need to inconvienience anyone, we'll seek permission, and explain whats happening, BEFORE we start work.

Politeness is the cheepest form of work we can do for our clients.

Can't believe folk are complaimimg about customers contacting them. You can akways say no. Or don't answer the phone. Looks like customer service is a low priority. We have had a lot of work from people complaining of contractors not turning up or letting them down in other ways. Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum.

OK, so what times aren't acceptable???:confused1:

Is 2AM OK??????

Do you really think its polite to ring some one at 7.40AM on a sunday morning??

I guess if some ones paying you they don't need say "please" or "thank you", I guess you bow and scrape to any who are prepared to pay you money, expect no coffee, tea or other refreshment.

Thats not my way, I try to treat all with politeness and respect, I say please and thank you to all, trades men at my home get plenty of drinks, cake and bacon butty's. And I expect others (regardless of money changing hands) to be respectful to me.

But hey, thats just me.

ANSWERPHONE! Or let it ring. We have a separate line for business calls. As for respect, it's something you earn not something you should expect to be paid regardless of your own attitude. It's not about money it's about thinking about other people. I resent your personal comment and can assure you that I bow and scrape to no-one. As to expecting tea and coffee, no I don't and neither should I. But then I actually understand the term respect. Like I said, wrong forum. There are others. Bye.

ANSWERPHONE! Or let it ring. We have a separate line for business calls. As for respect, it's something you earn not something you should expect to be paid regardless of your own attitude. It's not about money it's about thinking about other people. I resent your personal comment and can assure you that I bow and scrape to no-one. As to expecting tea and coffee, no I don't and neither should I. But then I actually understand the term respect. Like I said, wrong forum. There are others. Bye.

So you don't show respect to those you don't know? As they will not have had time to earn it

I try to show respect to all, until such time as the show me they don't deserve it.

All those who believe their Sunday is so special should be respected, after all it's their choice. And naturally they wouldn't expect to visit A&E, call the AA, buy diesel or go shopping because that would mean other folk having to work. Everyday is everyday.

Not sure if that was :sneaky2: or not but I'm a traditional Sunday rester / Sabbath observer / whatever you want to call it. I'm not hyper legalistic about it but I remember when every Sunday was like Christmas Day - Beautifully quiet !!! That quietness imo did a lot to foster an atmosphere of rest, relaxation and reduced stress. Go into a Tesco on a Sunday now and it is total mayhem in there. You can't say you don't have any other time in the week to do the groceries because everyone managed (was better off actually) only 20 ish years ago. Avoiding the frantic day-to-day humdrum of life for just one day of the week is extremely precious to me. You know what - I would like to think that if I fell ill on a sunday I would avoid A&E until the monday, risk of death excepted; still sad that people have to work it tho. Old fashioned maybe, routine = :thumbup1:

It's not a one off though, the latest I have had is 11.30 pm.

I'm sorry, but ignorance and selfishness is prolific and pandemic in today's society, the more it is accepted and condoned by like minded people such as here, the more is will happen. Just the same as too much h&s has taken away modern societies common sense, acceptance of rude and selfish behaviour will only make it worse in time to come

Man up people, grow a spine and tell them it's not acceptable

Absolutely spot on. :thumbup1: I might change my voicemail to "Please note that heathen 'phoning on Sundays and at other unacceptable hours will not be called back and any message will be deleted..."

I've had customers 'phone at 4am after their night shift! Of course I'm going to complain about it :stupid:

OK, so what times aren't acceptable???:confused1:

Is 2AM OK??????

Do you really think its polite to ring some one at 7.40AM on a sunday morning??

I guess if some ones paying you they don't need say "please" or "thank you", I guess you bow and scrape to any who are prepared to pay you money, expect no coffee, tea or other refreshment.

Thats not my way, I try to treat all with politeness and respect, I say please and thank you to all, trades men at my home get plenty of drinks, cake and bacon butty's. And I expect others (regardless of money changing hands) to be respectful to me.

But hey, thats just me.

:thumbup: