It's Sunday FFS !!!!!!!!

DN22 Gardening

It seems that our society as a whole have become 24/7 consumers,you can buy a book off amazon at 4am, this must have a knock on effect of people expecting that level of availability through all services to some extent? That said i wouldnt be best pleased about log call at that time! fair enough if a trees fallen on your roof,logs, no.

ANSWERPHONE! Or let it ring. We have a separate line for business calls. As for respect, it's something you earn not something you should expect to be paid regardless of your own attitude. It's not about money it's about thinking about other people. I resent your personal comment and can assure you that I bow and scrape to no-one. As to expecting tea and coffee, no I don't and neither should I. But then I actually understand the term respect. Like I said, wrong forum. There are others. Bye.

absolute 80110X ! Everyone has a common level of respect due, whether or not they've earnt it. Tony Blair never earnt one iota of respect from me; doesn't mean I shouldn't respect him as a human being or extent common courtesy / decency to him.

absolute 80110X ! Everyone has a common level of respect due, whether or not they've earnt it. Tony Blair never earnt one iota of respect from me; doesn't mean I shouldn't respect him as a human being or extent common courtesy / decency to him.

I'd give Tony Blair short thrift if he were to call me at 740 on a Sunday :sneaky2:

I read some of this earlier thinking I've never had a call on a Sunday but I've just got off the phone to an old man I quoted yesterday saying he had a missed call from me I said no no at all for him to say while your there can I confirm I've given you the right email address (for me to send health and safety policy and public liability ins) 9pm on a Sunday!!!!!!!

Can't believe folk are complaimimg about customers contacting them. You can akways say no. Or don't answer the phone. Looks like customer service is a low priority. We have had a lot of work from people complaining of contractors not turning up or letting them down in other ways. Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum.

Very very true.... I bet you would be complaining more if the phone wasn't ringing at all. If you don't like dealing with people go work for someone else.

Very very true.... I bet you would be complaining more if the phone wasn't ringing at all. If you don't like dealing with people go work for someone else.

That's where the problem lies you see, we do like dealing with people and do so very well indeed, we have excellent time keeping, excellent customer service,are very polite and most of all respectful to the customers property and plants.

That's exactly why my phone does ring a lot

This is so sweeping and out of context. Give me your number; I'll 'phone you every 10 minutes, 24/7 for 3 years. You won't like dealing with anyone who does that; there is a line between service and harrassment. :001_rolleyes:

This is so sweeping and out of context. Give me your number; I'll 'phone you every 10 minutes, 24/7 for 3 years. You won't like dealing with anyone who does that; there is a line between service and harrassment. :001_rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware the original post was about someone who rang up for some logs at 7.40 on a Sunday morning, NOT someone calling every 10 minutes, 24/7 for three months!

There is a difference between service and harassment. Someone calling you for some firewood isn't harassment! :biggrin: