What is the biggest crane?

benedmonds

Someone mentioned a speedline over the gardens but have you also considered a skyline.

If you made a mistake on the previous quote then you should be fine this time around. With that in mind I imagine you really want to maximise your profit so I would rig and man haul it.

At least you know what you're doing with this system because if you don't have much crane experience you could really loose out on a complicated job.

Also, on big jobs like this I always try to price really high and don't worry if I loose the job. Being 10% wrong on price can run to a loss of several hundreds or a couple of grand.

Also, Rigging down big stems is massively hard work and painful, you wanna earn really good dosh for that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I removed a Cedar of similar size about 6 years ago, we could get the crane to within 20 metres which worked out nice to swing round to the waiting chipper/lorries.

£7500 plus vat. 2 days for the crane, a day for a serious lorry with lift to move the BIG wood (10 ft diametre at base), 5 blokes on the ground to process everything. We saved some money as we had 3 of us qualified as slinger/signallers a year or two before, they wanted to charge £450 for a signaller!!!!!

Took 4 days to remove and clear completely and we only broke even......

Bloody good fun though.

Bing!

crane all the way, save your backs and hard labour. its not a easy task rigging down such a tree and like you say with huge timber is a nightmare. crane is defo the go. do it 2 days and then you got another week to do for work, makes way more sense in my eyes, if you got the work i guess.

we use one alot with 48m reach and lifts 1.4tom max reach. but afraid i am in different country but i am sure they are in England too.

very fast crane,get the hook direct above the piece every time. allowed to drive on the road and not to heavy cant remember excat weights. i done heaps crane work and this is by far the best i work with, very fast to setup and can still lift big stuff 3ton+,operated by one man but i am sure you another guy with english laws etc or the tickets. but maybe you could email pics to another company and say you are looking for something similar.

Hope the pics help and really hope the job works out for you and be great to see the pics. Best of luck:thumbup:

p.s if you want i could find out exactly what type of crane it is, also there little bigger one 52m reach. no dramas just takes a phone call, sing out anyways.

DSC00404.jpg.b9121752e2d922322af9512bd6b953a9.jpg

DSC00402.jpg.72c5f3aea302d785d18f784257bb75f8.jpg

DSC00400.jpg.e90522456ff6ed7c46347f7de463519f.jpg

DSC00388.jpg.33c94014992bb61553879e3298cbb2ef.jpg

DSC00378.jpg.7852f20813153a646b50d81073bcf4d5.jpg

Edited by MOG

Just a thought, but is there any way that you can get a smaller crane that has reasonable lift capacity to reach directly over one of the houses and possibly site it off the road in a driveway/garden with a few timber mats?

It could then provide a means to get larger Chippers and even a Mini excavator over the house to handle bigger pieces ready for removal by crane.

Perhaps even chip into skips and lift them directly over?

It could save much work at reasonable cost?

I'd love to see some pics of the job whatever way it's tackled, and I thought I got to price some adventures but for this you must push your balls around in a wheelbarrow!:biggrin:

Eddie.