what are these huskies worth?

chazzerb

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got protective trousers and wellies but i cant afford a jacket. do i really need one?

Bud - get a helmet with built in face and ear protection, you won't look so good if a saw does kickback and it gets you in the head - other parts may heal up in time but a head injury........:thumbdown:

The thing will cost you bugger all, it will protect your hearing from the noise, your eyes from chip, your face from chain and kickback injury and the top of your head from bar/chain impact.

It is the one bit of PPE I WOULD wear and I am far from a pro user - just service and tune saws!

Bud - get a helmet with built in face and ear protection, you won't look so good if a saw does kickback and it gets you in the head - other parts may heal up in time but a head injury........:thumbdown:

The thing will cost you bugger all, it will protect your hearing from the noise, your eyes from chip, your face from chain and kickback injury and the top of your head from bar/chain impact.

It is the one bit of PPE I WOULD wear and I am far from a pro user - just service and tune saws!

as spud said im not to happey about saying this BUT IF IT WAS NOT OF MY HELMET WITH FACE MESH I THINK I MAY BE DEAD

200t kicked back on me bounced off the mesh on the helmet and just cut below my neck rather than my neck 4 year later i still have a scar

PPE

PPE

PPE

PPE

NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT

Hi chazzerb

I am/ was the same position you are in now a few months ago, i see you have chosen the right saws from the word go! and you certinanly didnt get ripped off! i would get a helmet asap husky ofc! although i do prefer the old builder style Stihl ones like ive got! you seem to have some good saws i first started off with a komatsu G621avs but my first saw i bought was 262xp quickly followed by a 154se for a bit of fun! although be carefull the saws breed overnight! :sneaky2:

and i would get on a course if your serious about it and/or have had no real teaching or use of saws before. Also wear your ppe i know someone who liked to wear water proof trousers and he was lucky as soon as he put the chaps on he hit is leg carried on and hit his leg again! in the space of 5 mins! he blamed it on the huskys (stihl man) although its nothing to joke about.. but i will say he isnt the sharpest tool in the box!

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
as spud said im not to happey about saying this BUT IF IT WAS NOT OF MY HELMET WITH FACE MESH I THINK I MAY BE DEAD

200t kicked back on me bounced off the mesh on the helmet and just cut below my neck rather than my neck 4 year later i still have a scar

PPE

PPE

PPE

PPE

NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT

While I agree PPE is important, I would argue that safe working practice and good technique is more important, PPE will help reduce your injury if things go wrong, but its better to avoid the accident first, PPE is only the last line of defence and will in now way guarantee that your badly injured or even killed, unfortunately.