parking equipment at home

briarthebear

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There can't be many people who would want a business such as this next door. In truth though it's sometimes better the devil you know as there are neighbours who can annoy for all sorts of legitimate reasons and they are impossible to deal with.

I suspect if you are worried about them complaining to the council then at least from their point of view you won't be having too many wild parties.

I'm constantly amazed how people live. Cars parked on front lawns. White goods dumped in front of the garage for months on end. Kids toys left out. The list goes on. Some people don't notice.

We have a neighbour in our street who puts notes on your car if you park outside her house. They are hilarious/rude at the same time. She doesn't realise this only encourages us.

the other thing is maybe they are thinking of selling thier house and dont wont the new owner to see your equipment and presume noisy neighburs / mess

And then there is the thin end of the wedge, today its a digger, tomorrow its a digger and some materials left over from a job, then its the above and a dumper and before long you are living next to a builders yard. Out single biggest asset is our property, little wonder people object to activities out of the norm.

:lol:

don't know what you lot would think of me then.

I have three vans, two trailers, chipper, stumpy, as well as left over materials, a 40' x 20' Workshop, AND a 20' shipping container !!!!

Until recently i kept the tractor, and two agg trailers at home too

Our garden runs along the rear boundary of 5 houses.

We do keep the noise to a minimum, making sure any noisy stuff, i.e. taking the chipper off its trailer, firing saws up etc. is done in the evening, well before 8pm

We've only had one comment about the state of the yard, this from a household with rotting windows, dog mess all over the garden, and ivy growing into the neighbours properties !!!

The same bloke objected to our planning app. to rebuilt the 75' x 45' two story barn to hide everything away in. Go figure

I would tell her that we are in the deepest recession ever (?), you are trying to earn a living, does she want you to loose your work, your house and undesirables move into your house? You are a working man, working, tell her to **** off.

Maybe she would tell you to rent a yard! 200 quid a month for a corner of a farm yard should be do-able.

i`v had same problem!!

i was issued with an enforcement notice the guy from the council came round had a looksey & was basically cushdy about the whole thing!!

mog on drive no problem its on agric so not breaking any operators licences!

truck & van on driveway he was more bothered about them as it was an excess of work vehicles on the driveway!! no problem park van outside on the road off the kerbside sorted!!

machines in back garden lifes hard thats where they live there out of sight from the road so no problem there!

i dont have customers calling round to the house for work doing so i am not running a business from home!!

problem sorted!!!

he only had to come back once more about 18 months later as the neighbours had complained i was now operating a builders yard from my front garden!!

when in fact i was having an extension built!!

but he was totally cool about the whole thing!!

the man from the council is there to help you aswell!!

if everybody else on the street is doing the same & have machines outside there houses its the guy who is complaining that is the odd one out!

i believe he will struggle to get you to change your ways as one complaint is not really enough evedience in the councils eyes! they need a few people to build up a case against you

IF THE TRUTH IS KNOWN IT,S NOT IN THE COUNCILS INTEREST TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST IN YOU COURT ETC AS ITS ALL GOING TO COST MONEY TOPUT YOU OUT OF WORK ETC

you will also end up in the loony bin too if you take any notice or fight,em dont waste your money or time just get on making aliving and let the fools chase you about etc FOOK,EM