Tracking units

GlobalNewark

Any feedback from insurers on lower premiums?

Dave

Your insurance company will have a list of tracker units that they will give you a discount for, when I inquired with NFU the most they were offering was 10% which didn't even slightly cover the annual subscription costs, and that was on the best track & retrieve system that tracker has on offer.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True.

But on my second point, i've always thought that it was be so easy to catch these gangs. A few devises like this rigged in several larger arb outfits in the areas currently targeted at the time and then just sit back and wait for one to take the bait.

But what will the do with them? 5 years mybe do half so there out in 2!

To me a insurance discount would be a bonus, if I could retrieve the motor in shortest space of time then all the more better for less hassle and getting back my motor would be better than the insurance company worming their way around its value and ending up with something not as good. Owning a landrover now feels like your on borrowed time with the amount that are stollen

Got my tracker from tiso electronics in Cheshire that is in the 130 and it can do the geo fence, remote shut off, alert on movement etc but was only £199 plus vat and no monthly fees as you put a pay as you go SIM card in it

Tracking is via there web site but is free just log on to see where your stuff is after activating the tracker manually via text or it activating if geo fence etc set and activated

As a bonus these units are also built to order in the UK not china

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I wouldn't want a tracker for the insurance discount, its too find the machine when its nicked! Dont see why plant cant be fitted with tracker, coded key, immobiliser etc from new.

Agreed, however at the time we were looking at having quite a lot fitted and the subscription per year for all of them added up to a fair lump, every little helps but considering what service the trackers we were looking at included in the price I was surprised at how little they were discounting, which gives me the opinion they couldn't really care if they were fitted or not.

But yes for us it was more because of the huge inconvenience having kit stolen causes.