Tracking units

GlobalNewark

Global Recycling have now been appointed as a dealer for supply & fitment of tracking units for all the UK, these units can be fitted to all mobile, plant equipment.

The units are £400 + fitting & cost £100 per year to run, there is no restriction on make, model etc, they can be fitted to almost anything & swapped from one piece of kit to another as many times as you like.

Fitted with a vibration sensor & tilt sensor you are notified when the machine is moved, you can tell if the ignition is switched on & hours are monitored. These are web based no no additional software required, you will be notified on most phones that your machine is moving and this can be tracked, even if the battery is flat there is a backup.

Machines also have a remote shutdown option so with the push of a button your machine cannot be used, as a bonus parameters can be input (i:e- between 8 & 5) then your machine will not start outside this. This is good if you hire your equipment out & don't want it used over a weekend etc.

I would suggest these are a reasonable investment & will help reduce insurance premiums. We ourselves have lost £250,000 worth of equipment this year hence looking into this. Anybody interested in this please PM me or call anytime.

Dean 07730000498.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The attached pics show the tracker unit itself, the size of it & also in comparison with a phone, the only other part is a small antenna. The picture of the laptop screen shows one that we have just fitted to our own Hammel shredder due to one being stolen this year. You can see what it is, where it is, status(ignition off) and the machine can be immobilised from here. If the machine is running & you remote immobolise it the machine will carry on running until the ignition is turned off, at this point it will not start again. This is all assuming it gets that far in the first place, I think I explained everything else in my first post but if you have any further questions please ask.

597662a6e58fa_Tracker3.jpg.686411f8e3a7cd41770b2dcc38430785.jpg

597662a6e3dfe_Tracker2.jpg.112a75e404fa71a7f684e86b88f9c524.jpg

597662a6e0a13_Tracker1.jpg.3c213472331342b9ed918cd16270b5d9.jpg

• 11 months later...
Great to see a supplier trying to combat this issue.

Shame that the police are not as proactive.

Call me cynical but i'm pretty sure if Dean wasn't making out of these then global wouldn't be remotely interested in selling them.

There are ways sole agency dealers/importers like global could help combat machinery theft if they really wanted to, but it would cost them in time and money to implement.

Call me cynical but i'm pretty sure if Dean wasn't making out of these then global wouldn't be remotely interested in selling them.

There are ways sole agency dealers/importers like global could help combat machinery theft if they really wanted to, but it would cost them in time and money to implement.

True.

But on my second point, i've always thought that it was be so easy to catch these gangs. A few devises like this rigged in several larger arb outfits in the areas currently targeted at the time and then just sit back and wait for one to take the bait.