the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Seeing as that seemed to work, here is another.  A slightly larger trunk - one of the last of the first group that we felled.  I should perhaps add that I am what you guys would call a 'weekend warrior' - albeit I've been doing so for 40+ years - so please don't be too critical!   The expletive was from my (then) 13 year old son.

Edited by waterbuoy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

One for Don today.

Oak with a fair back lean slotted through some double gates.

A bit of back weight off, raised, then wedged/GRCS’d over.

Ringed and tidied by 3pm courtesy of 5t Kubota with Intermacato grab.

4BD6ACC0-024D-43B9-BEFF-AE1278ADAD6A.jpeg

I do like a tree slotted through a gate 💪👌

• Like 3

2 hours ago, waterbuoy said:

Seeing as that seemed to work, here is another.  A slightly larger trunk - one of the last of the first group that we felled.  I should perhaps add that I am what you guys would call a 'weekend warrior' - albeit I've been doing so for 40+ years - so please don't be too critical!   The expletive was from my (then) 13 year old son.

Enjoyed that. Wish I could put in wedges that quickly, you sound like a woodpecker!

• Thanks 1

If only - you'll have noticed that my profile is somewhat less streamlined!

Had to speed it up else people would have died of boredom.  Working on my own means I prefer to take it steady - especially when the house is within range if it all goes pear shaped.  On that phase about 35 were removed - I have another 10-12 to do as soon as I have recovered from the cracked ribs that are currently confining me to the keyboard.  (They weren't from the tree felling, but re-confirming that gravity still works whilst skiing - my wife keeps telling me I should give up but hey ho!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peds said:

Where did you go?

Meribel, and skied in the three Valleys.  It was during the first week of February when the World Championships were in town and the slopes were in good nick but very very hard and icy - as I confirmed!  Thankfully it was day 5 of 7 when I wiped out, but I made the mistake hiding the pain with painkillers for the last two days so I could continue to ski (albeit somewhat gingerly) and am now paying the price.

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

0 Likes, 0 Comments - Dempsey Tree Surgery 🇬🇧🇫🇷 (@dempseytreesurgery) on Instagram: "Two days dismantling and felling 5 pines and a sequoia. Weather did for us on the...

Got wet today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

Well snow turned to rain and the only dry thing I was wearing by the end of the day was socks - but there were no pigeons so it all got done. In by the fire now.

Dry socks and no birds makes for a small  victory