Glyphosate! Very serious heads up!

redmoosefaction

gyphosate!..I keep getting call-backs to repoison stumps, have tried large doses of salt same problem. I'm going to try and get some Amcide from France....failing that...its going to be an SBK/diesel 'agent orange' mix :(

sbk works wen wen mixed rich, bago shite if u does as instructed ,like most poisens these days

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a case of getting the old table salt out again, for poisoning the stumps!

Archives of Toxicology, Volume 86, Number 5 - SpringerLink

And if you can't be bothered to read it, a quick synopsis:

Monsanto's Roundup is toxic to human DNA even when diluted to concentrations 450-fold lower than used in agricultural applications

Glyphosate (G) is the largest selling herbicide worldwide; the most common formulations (Roundup, R) contain polyoxyethyleneamine as main surfactant. Recent findings indicate that G exposure may cause DNA damage and cancer in humans.

Words like, indicate, may, and damage throw up many red flags but until conclusive evidence exist, I will continue to use products that contain Glyphosate, or I can just start using that butter flavoring at the movies:001_rolleyes:

easy-lift guy

a quick synopsis:

Monsanto's Roundup is toxic to human DNA even when diluted to concentrations 450-fold lower than used in agricultural applications

Based upon your synopsis i can be bothered to read it, however it seems to cost 35 Euro to do so. Do you have a copy?

Has Timbrel not been removed from the approved list now? ALong with garlon 4 & some other glyphosphate based herbicides?

I'm not aware, but as always 'stand to be corrected', that Timbrel (Triclopyr) has been removed from use. I was aware that Glyphosate was under review.

Amcide (Ammonium sulphamate) whilst withdrawn, effectively, as a herbicide, is still available as a 'compost accelerant'....hmmm.

Not heard anything about the effectveness, or otherwise, of Eco-plugs (Glyphosate)....sorry!

Cheers all..

Paul

Amcide (Ammonium sulphamate) whilst withdrawn, effectively, as a herbicide, is still available as a 'compost accelerant'....hmmm.

That was my understanding, so it's alright to compost stumps in situ? :001_smile:

We've lost many herbicides for use in forestry because the market is relatively small and not worth the suppliers pursuing a licence. Others like the residual ones went because they were found in groundwater/aquifers.

The bracken control group appear to have successfully fought a rearguard action to continue using asulam for the time being

I was pissed when we in the Amenities/grounds care side lost "Simazine Aminatriozol" (phonetic spelling only) a good affordable residual weedkiller, simply because the Gypsy "tarmac" clowns et al used it by the cwt. below their otherwise doncy bitmac.

Generally applied with a 14" wide mouthed shovel straight from the wheelbarrow.

It then not suprisingly started showing up in aquifers/groundwater.:thumbdown:

However any herbicide that has a residual element will I presume inevitably find its way into the wider environment, especially if used to excess.

At least with the agricultural use of Glyphosphate the buggers of farmers are so tight/thrifty they can be trusted not to use to excess:lol:

cheers

Marcus