What are you wearing while you climb?

Adam Bourne

Photos???

Would not put me of mate, the thought of your Cherry's in my face is quite appealing......:sneaky2: NOT!

That's ok but I asked what you wear on top, but from your original post I take it, it's the wife's bra?

Never heard anyone wearing a g string as a chest ascender before? :biggrin:

Other than the above some good posts, what you you all prefer as a top layer ?

Hoody, fleece, soft shell jacket?

Ideally a waxed jacket if it rains/freezing they have the bonus of not being ruined if you have a burn up. plus they take on an odour unlike any other!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logo'd wicking t's, microfleece if it's chilly, logo'd hoody first thing, base layers will no doubt be dug out the cupboard in the next month or so.

Nowt wrong with some bargain stuff, but wearing retired sports-leisure or casual wear is a big no-no for me. I've got more pride in my company, and don't want to look like some of the little chavs you see on buiding sites with shell bottoms tucked into footy socks because they spend all their money on Redbull and won't buy any proper workwear.

I buy a few silky tshirt from shows that I go too,there the best £3 I spend to be honest , last ages and I don't have issues about slogans or anything as almost everyone uses silky saws lol. As for jumpers I buy fleeces from go outdoors, there £4/5 each . And recently bought a hivis yellow cycling jacket with reflective strips from Aldi, £20 , so far it's holding up well, it's a tight fit and doesn't have a good to get snagged up, plus it's breathable .

Steve

I have always worn cotton and people have always said its no good, but I took no notice.

But recently when I did the sponsored walk, I got very cold and wet, I was on the edge of hypothermia, my biggest problem was the fact that I was wearing cotton!! I learned some very valuable lessons that day.

I'm walking the three peaks on friday and I will not be wearing any cotton (other than my boxers) I am buying mostly modern man made fabrics that don't hold moisture.

In time I hope all my work clothes will have been replaced by these better fabrics.

Edited by skyhuck