Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

To answer directly to the thread title - because they have chainsaw protection in as opposed to work boots that dont? :sneaky2:

But dont worry about it, there's plenty of donor feet out there, after all your saving a few quid so its worth it! :biggrin::001_rolleyes:

My mate stupidly had his foot on a log cross cutting. His 441 skidded across the log went straight through his boots and toes. Doing tendons and soft tissue damage and resulted in about 6 weeks off work.

So much for chainsaw protection. Simple thing is don't cut near your feet or at least be aware of the forces that are going on around the chain, bar, wood etc.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot will stop a saw that big... Saw trousers won't either I have found that out with a 46! I am happy to wear saw boots my zermats have lasted 3 years untill they imploded along the bottom today but I feel they were worth every penny and are a great climbing and walking boot that have been on my feet every day and lasted far longer than I expected.

Some good points there chaps.

Just back from a long day..up at 5am and back from London at 10pm.

On the window of the train there was a sticker which said about putting bags on the rack, and being careful not to bang your head on the rack.

That sticker will not stop people banging their head on the rack. It just removes the rail companies' liability for you doing so.

I shall leave you with that thought, night night I' m shagged:001_smile:

Some good points there chaps.

Just back from a long day..up at 5am and back from London at 10pm.

On the window of the train there was a sticker which said about putting bags on the rack, and being careful not to bang your head on the rack.

That sticker will not stop people banging their head on the rack. It just removes the rail companies' liability for you doing so.

I shall leave you with that thought, night night I' m shagged:001_smile:

Nah- it just means the rail company looks after it's customers. Some people can't read well- how do they cope? :001_smile:

My mate stupidly had his foot on a log cross cutting. His 441 skidded across the log went straight through his boots and toes. Doing tendons and soft tissue damage and resulted in about 6 weeks off work.

So much for chainsaw protection. Simple thing is don't cut near your feet or at least be aware of the forces that are going on around the chain, bar, wood etc.

Funny you should say that Rich.