Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

I used to use Elten boots until I stood on a nail and it went straight through the sole :thumbdown:. I know a lot of tree workers and it always amazes me the amount of cuts and nicks they have on there boots ? Gets worse when they start telling you how each individual cut happened . I wear Chainsaw boots always on the ground . Although if climbing I sometimes wear a nice cheap pair of karrimor walking boots the cloth ones as they have an awesome grip with no protection . This grip makes my climbing better therefore safer . Personal choice is what its all about . The price some of the boots sell for is ridiculous .

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great response for a boots thread aye.:001_smile:

All the replies have been considered and balanced... I'm quite impressed.Lots of food for thought, although I'm not using my Scarpas for tree work, much as I'd like to.

:beerchug::beerchug:

The beers are on:

Skyhuck....Not providing new title

Mick S....Not providing new title

And of Course

Mick Hill... Tradition:001_smile:

My mate who does all the climbing buys cheap toe tectors from the local tool hire shop . he gets pair for about £18 and maybe buys a pair every 2 years . He says its cos he can't be arsed with all the lacing when putting on / taking off !

Maybe he never really got the hang of laces at primary school...?

Perhaps an NPTC in rigging might include lacing boots...

Ty:biggrin:

Can't really comment on boots from a climbing perspective, but given the choice of either wearing saw trousers and non saw protection boots or saw boots and jeans, then I'd go ith boots and jeans everytime.

I don't for a minute think that either boots or kegs would stop a saw on when your on one but I think out in the woods I'd be more likely to hit my foot than my leg.

I do think good saw boots are too expensive, but then I feel that any decent saw kegs are too expensive in relation to the quality of them too.

As for a waste of money - no, I don't think so. I generally wear Haix tibet forests and they are proper comfy, and at £160 ish are similar money to a pair of decent walking boots. Could I spend all day wearing a pair of low ankle work boots out in the woods - not a chance.