Chainsaw Boots.. Why waste the money?

Albedo

I don't use them.

Why spend 200 quid on boots when a decent pair of work boots will set you back 40 or 50 quid.

Kiwis don't use them in NZ and I haven't bothered to replace mine since working there about 6 years ago.

Your thoughts please chaps:001_smile:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ground dweller, I have seen many folks both climbers and the like get hurt in the field by not having the proper attire to protect them selfs. One only has to slip or loose ones balance once or have a log crush ones toes to understand why an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.

easy-lift guy

Iv got a pair of Treemme Orange boots which have given me more blisters and bunions than anything else Iv ever worn! If they get wet they shrink ridiculously and are a pain to get back on. They retail at about £130. I bought a pair of ex mil Matterhorn boots off my local market for £30 and not only are they leakproof STILL it's like wearing a pair of slippers.

One only has to slip or loose ones balance once or have a log crush ones toes to understand why an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.

But a cheap pair of work boots will offer as much protection as chainsaw boots will in that situation...

Poorly worded title. Who are you to say they're a waste of money?

That's why I put the question mark Mick, If you don't think they are a waste of money then it's up to you to say so.

I'm open to suggestion on an improvement on the title, as long as it includes my opinion that they are a waste of money:001_smile:

I don't use them.

Why spend 200 quid on boots when a decent pair of work boots will set you back 40 or 50 quid.

Kiwis don't use them in NZ and I haven't bothered to replace mine since working there about 6 years ago.

Your thoughts please chaps:001_smile:

New Zealanders are generally alot better on Saws than your average Brit.