chipper dust on cars

likeitorlumpit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once a woman from 2 doors down from the driveway I was working on came and blamed me for dust on her car. Admittedly, there was a tiny bit of dust, and nothing the blower didn't remove, but the car was also filthy from general driving. She tried to get me to pay up for her to have her car washed. Naturally I refused, and then ten minutes later her bewildered husband came out and asked me the same thing. To which I refused and told him not to be so scared of her.

The world is full of chancers, the richer they are the worse they are, what they tend to not realise is this is a known factor, and as with any factor it is in their bills!

Dust is easily blown from cars, thats all I will ever feel obliged to do, paying out to valet somebody's car is OTT IMO.

I think the worst case I ever heard, a friend of mine was called back twice to remove sawdust from a neighbours gravel drive. Were talking every single grain! and the mug did it too!

I've had plenty of chancers over the years trying to get a free car wash. They threaten me with legal action "cos me pride 'n joy BMW 325i (ultimate chav mobile) is ruined!" then I never hear from them.

One solution when cars are in the way is do what a tree surgeon in Surrey did several years ago. He put a knife through the soft top of a Porsche 911 and let the hand brake off 😱.

Well- we've had the chat= no more compo

Stand firm /use a dust sheet and if it's wet and the dust is sticking- well just apologise and ask for a bucket. If a complaint goes up the chain then we respond accordingly.

It's odd though- these issues have only happened on housing association sites.

Do chancers congregate in these places.

never had a prob with dust we just get on with it. the noise of my chipper(lizzie) seams to hack people off when they r watching daytime had a copper tell me to turn it off coz of the noise one day ,she got told were to go coz it was mid week work hours.some peps hey

Noise complaints in normal work hours? Blimey!

Couldnt you put something under the windscreen wiper of cars near where you will be chipping saying something along the lines of "chipping will take place between 8 am & 5PM tomorwo, we would apreciate it if you do not want dust on your car then please move it before this time"

And cone thearea the day before, so you'll not get anyone in the way/ down wind of the chipper moaning about mess.