The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

sorry guys just found this thread and our new defender not 3 years old yet and only done 6000 miles been in workshop for about 12 month -8 times and still no garuntee that the non starting has been fixed so after getting rid of a good 1988 series 3 I will not be able to join this club as much as I used to love my laandy

sorry guys just found this thread and our new defender not 3 years old yet and only done 6000 miles been in workshop for about 12 month -8 times and still no garuntee that the non starting has been fixed so after getting rid of a good 1988 series 3 I will not be able to join this club as much as I used to love my laandy

Our landy at work has been back 3times since it was bought new in jan, and its back in tomorrow for a new transfer box, only done 4000miles lol

Not being funny but how bad is the nissan- They arent the best pullers anyway depending on what engine they have. Is it a turbo engine or standard, and what are you trying to pull?

2.5tdi engine, the one that blows it's con rods sideways at 70-80k! It mainly has to pull itself with an 800ltr tank of water with steel frame and boom, easily a ton altogether when full. I've not driven it yet ive only been told, but it struggles to 50 and used to be fine to 60 and 70 when full

Would you not be better getting a truck of your own rob, instead of using your dads all the time? Then you dont have to worry about changing the back around all the time, it can just be set up for tree work, and stay like it.

I would, but I've still got another year in uni so don't have time to earn the money to commit on a vehicle that will sit there most of the time, using one that is multi purpose saves money, yeah it might get a bit awkward when it's needed by both, it's currently a backup truck and Doesn't see huge amounts of use, I/we would rather have one truck taking up space fuel and insurance than two getting half used

I'm even happy for the Nissan as it is, trailer and chipper is 400kg, then chip in the back to haul along, if we sort that I'd be happy driving that. The newly made box can be adjusted accordingly!

• 3 weeks later...
Our landy at work has been back 3times since it was bought new in jan, and its back in tomorrow for a new transfer box, only done 4000miles lol

pls dont get me started on land rovers or i'll be here all day.. all i'll say is i'll never own one again as long as i live.. nor will my dad.. and we've had numerous veichles with a land rover badge... never.. ever.. again!

pls dont get me started on land rovers or i'll be here all day.. all i'll say is i'll never own one again as long as i live.. nor will my dad.. and we've had numerous veichles with a land rover badge... never.. ever.. again!

To be honest ive heard this so many times from so many folk,but i see nothing wrong with land rovers apart from my old discovery had rot issues and ate disks and pads when towing big weights daily.The series 2 isnt exactly refined however it is an absolute workhorse,parts cost zilch insurance is peanuts i dont pay road tax and if looked after it will never go wrong.However my old l200 is a nail parts aint cheap and my dads navarra is a sack of absolute shiz apart from its got alot of grunt.Now i will admit that every td5 owner ive met has moaned about reliability issues.stay old i say haha

To be honest ive heard this so many times from so many folk,but i see nothing wrong with land rovers apart from my old discovery had rot issues and ate disks and pads when towing big weights daily.The series 2 isnt exactly refined however it is an absolute workhorse,parts cost zilch insurance is peanuts i dont pay road tax and if looked after it will never go wrong.However my old l200 is a nail parts aint cheap and my dads navarra is a sack of absolute shiz apart from its got alot of grunt.Now i will admit that every td5 owner ive met has moaned about reliability issues.stay old i say haha

i'm talkin about discovery 3's.. 57 plate and newer defender landrover.. range rover sports.. and range rover TD6's.. un reliable iieces of junk..