In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Okay..i,ve just got over a few days of Flu...thanks to the Germs supplied by Dangerous Dave last week:thumbdown::lol: But i,m back to good health i reckon..all systems go!....I,ve been up since 2.30 a.m...had an early night,yes but had the most amazing dream about my Future and my Grandson was in it...and i woke up to find a message from my Son,s Lass (Oscar,s mum) saying they were looking forward to seeing me at Xmas...i have a couple of weeks left in Twyford with Team Delabodge..a Cracking Tree job with Johnny Burch in Surrey next week that i,m really looking forward to which is the removal of three Pops and i,m Dismantling a large Maple and i reckon he,ll get some photo,s of me for the thread...(Still saving for a GoPro 3)...in between i have had a couple of nice offers of occasional tree work with a firm near Kingston.. and thanks to the offers i have recieved from Arbtalkers since my Desperate Times Thread began...But here,s where i stand now...At 3.59 a.m...Luckily i bought two Hershey bars from the corner shop that will go nicely with an early morning Coffee and give me a buzz to keep going a couple of hours until a cooked breakfast/breakfast bun.....i left The North six years ago because of a lack of work up there...Had worked for myself with my son for a number of years and local council tree teams etc.. etc. But when the work dried out,i had no choice but to relocate...i found a job offer from Mr Johny Walker so that is really when my travels started (Apart from when i went to Holland in 1997 with my bike and full climbing kit and stayed for four years) But that,s another story:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:....So i ended up in Otley and did a summer with Mr Walker and as i have documented before that was quite a learning curve...anyway...went from Otley to Reading and stayed there a year and to cut a long story short...Had a Life saving (Literally) opperation on a MASSIVE inguinal hernia opperation that i had put off for 15 tears!:blushing:....so did a year there had to rest for a couple of months (Took a year to recover completely...doctor said i was lucky to be alive)...moved to LONDON CITY:biggrin: worked for Barklands for a couple of years..based next door to Terminal 5 heathrow...7a.m jumbo jets flying low over your head as you get the chipper on etc...Teamed up with a fellow North Easterner Andy "The Robot" Sheppard and together we worked on Large tree dismantles and fells ... they get some very juicy work at Barklands then on to Continental landscapes for a spell which was just re pollards of planes in the Hounslow Chiswick area...then a year at City Suburban then it went downhill from there until my thread:thumbup: which was a lifeline that,s for sure!! Never worked in London again...Mainly Surrey and Readind Area:thumbup1:....i feel i have seen it and done it down South...i,m a Northern tree monkey who belongs up North with my Grandson and family...sooner rather than later:001_smile: so i reckon Xmas i,ll be having a holiday up in Durham and some work with a Very good mate who has a Superb tree firm up there if he,ll have me for a couple of weeks and consider my position in Life...hopefuly Mrs Fox will join me later but for now my Son and his son is my focus...Until then...i shall eat my Hershey bars (75p) each:thumbup: jump in the shower and make my way to Twyford...good laugh there and the forcast is good later...the rain has stopped outside now and i feel a sense of well being...Have a good day fellow Arbtalkers! still need some specs...i have just hooked my monitor via HDMI up to my laptop and i spend roughly about 4 to 5 hours a day on Arbtalk so it,s quite a strain without some Grandpa Glasses:biggrin:

597662270c9e4_Newhorizons2013014.jpg.8827b4c2c721f1e24117b09a1bd4573f.jpg

5976622708c02_Newhorizons2013011.jpg.15e78d0cf67c557c1f9d1f74522641f6.jpg