Unusual freebies from customers

Dean Lofthouse

Done a delivery the other week, while I was unloading the neighbour came round with some nearly new crane pads, he asked if I wanted them, asked him how much he wanted for them and he said take them or they are going in the skip :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We was on a job a couple of years back and my bro was chatting ti the customer in his garage when I was sat having some dinner in the van. A few mins later my bro comes to the the van and says he's just been given a mororbike, jammy git. He's On my job and he's the one who gets given a honda cb350, charming!!

Did a job at a steel works today. Bit of spraying in exchange for some sheets of steel. Asked if they had any off cuts to keep in the workshop, I got shown to a skip full of all sorts of odd sizes and shapes and told to help myself. Now have a nice pile of different sized sheet metal. :thumbup:

Last Christmas Eve this happened... The lads and I was called out to deal with this bugger just as we were getting ready to go down pub for a end of year pint, the family had lost both their cars, and in 12 hours a family gathering of over 20 people were going to show from all over the Uk for a Xmas get together, we shifted the whole tree which was blocking their front door and almost pushing their windows in.... Basically Savin their Xmas... Now I'm not one to expect a cash tip, but in this instance when I should have been home with my family.... Receiving a drawing of myself done crudely in crayons by the toddler daughter was not what I expected..... Lol

image.jpg.fba57c60871e2914a1b6c6b4d19dfd16.jpg

Ha, Victor Brox is a friend of my folks!

He's my uncle! My mum's older brother..

Seriously small world......

Was it you who dropped the poplar at his house in droylesden?

I used to play drums in his band when I was young..,

Never thought I'd see him mentioned on this forum!

Thanks, Ti

He's my uncle! My mum's older brother..

Seriously small world......

Was it you who dropped the poplar at his house in droylesden?

I used to play drums in his band when I was young..,

Never thought I'd see him mentioned on this forum!

Thanks, Ti

No, not me who done the tree work. He used to play quite a few gigs round this way. Not seen him for ages, is he still performing?

Yeah he is although he's not been too well of late. Knee replacements etc..

Went to watch him with full band at the cinnamon club in May ... He's still got it and the band were really excellent.

He'll be chuffed he's got a mention on arb talk!

Thanks, Timon

We did work for a large scale bakery/food distributor, and at the end of the day they gave the four of us a case of 24 "Chester's" which are a local treat. ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies. And my home was two blocks away, so we could actually save most for later in my freezer. Best tip ever.