Climbing with a saw in type A's

Arran Turner

i were sip typ a, only were mi typ c, wen mi others are in the wash,& they only get washed wen i dont need them :biggrin: & the down side is the straps on me spkes are a bad fit on mi stretch airs typ c :thumbdown:

& why the feck would i want to put a high speed wood cutting tool any wer near thar back of mi legs ,dont u need to be double jointed or stuipid confused1:beats the hell out of me :001_tongue:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i were sip typ a, only were mi typ c, wen mi others are in the wash,& they only get washed wen i dont need them :biggrin: & the down side is the straps on me spkes are a bad fit on mi stretch airs typ c :thumbdown:

& why the feck would i want to put a high speed wood cutting tool any wer near thar back of mi legs ,dont u need to be double jointed or stuipid confused1:beats the hell out of me :001_tongue:

Tree work can bite you in the arse Mr Walker.

You being from a family firm you should know that.

I can document 2 scenarios, one of which is quite common where cuts to the back of the leg can happen.. (later I may find the will to do the necessary typing)

I don't get your final comment and see it as dangerous bravado.

Second edit: I don't advocate any particular trouser by the way and see it as personal choice

Edited by Albedo
typo

How do you find the la sportiva's, just looked on honey bros at the climbing boots and they seem to have caught my eye. What are they like when your foots jammed in a V etc :thumbup: What are they like in general whats your review :thumbup:

Awesome mate, but few downside considering the cost ( i dont mind cos i only paid about £90)

No goretex, and sole is peeling a bit but what do you expect from sliding down limbs etc, they are still in good nick!

Rubber is super grippy an holds onto the smallest bumps and cracks, fit is great, can be abit Uncomfi in tight crotches but no more than any other non ppe boot.

Awsome boot but next will be goretex i.e scarpa ascent tech gtx or la sportiva trango guides.

I guess the only argument for wearing all round protection could be large saw & bar that would drag the protection of class A's round and maybe inflict an injury from (a) the saw being pulled round the leg out of control or (b) the lack of extra padding in tightening the material in the trouser leg to cause bruising or a cut of some sort.

I can only see both these scenarios happening while using a larger saw on the ground however, as work position in a slab down or crane work would not allow such contact with your leg.