First time theft for me.

hazzygawa

Had 2 batteries go last week . One of my tipper trailer and an old duff one I needed to get shot of anyway . There are some scum bags about who it seems will go to any lengths . Sorry mate . Put a strait bit of pipe in as others have said . You never know at m.o.t. time you might get away with it .

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear that. I think its even worst when its not a range rover owned by a banker or footballer . Pick ups are often the main stay of alot of small businesses. The mot rules changed a few months ago if it was fitted when built needs to be on there for the ticket. I would find some way of fitting for the mot then remove after.

My lad had his done a few months ago, l200 are easy as there so heigh up, never touched my navara! dont bother with a cat just weld a piece of pipe in and aslong as it doesnt blow it wont fail an mot and a diesel mot is only a smoke test not like a petrol engine.

Makes you sick though, god i hate people that do this sort of thing, scum bags!!!

It's a simple job to scrote proof the exhaust.

The thieves are organised and use a multi wheel cutter which is light, quick and above all quiet, preventing their use is as simple as welding a length of steel along the tube lengths.

It's a couple of quids worth of materials and a twenty minute job that you shouldn't have to do but doing it will prevent a lost day letting down clients finding a new exhaust.

Sorry chap.

Utter scum who do this sort of thing. In fact the only people who are worse are the scrap dealers who are buying it. Herts & Bucks police have just raided a few scrap yards as a wake up call to the owners about dealing in stolen goods. No good for you but at least somewhere something is being done.

Thanks guys. I have ordered a bit of bendy pipe to put between the two sections and will prob put new exhaust on for mot, then take it back off after. Might fail on emissions otherwise.

I have toyed with the idea of a sump guard bit a length of steel down the exhaust sounds like an easier option.

Typically mine was the only one to go in my village but they seemed to have had a good night as when I phone tyre and exhaust place in next town they said they have had 5 phone calls from the next village wanting new cats and exhaust.

H

Thanks guys. I have ordered a bit of bendy pipe to put between the two sections and will prob put new exhaust on for mot, then take it back off after. Might fail on emissions otherwise.

Depends on tester as to whether he's bothered about it being there or not, but it shouldn't fail the emissions as they only test amount of smoke on diesels, not whats in the smoke. I've been catless for the last few MOT's, including the one a couple of weeks ago and that's on a high milage defender (285K).