Anyone remember when Brits were generous?

freemycatfish

...I think the last time was before the 80's and the "me" generation.

Anyway. If there are any generous Kentish Arb's out there I need a lot of wood chips and I would be very happy if you want to dump them in my front garden. Deciduous is best. I need 7.432 cubic meters to cover an area 12.192 meters by 6.096 to a depth of 10cm.

If you have it and don't want it, I need it and do.

Ta.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born 86

If I could get you some chip I would

What goes around comes around and all

Or is it comes around goes around?

Some pretty generous fellers on this site I'm sure you will get some

Plus most people can't get rid of the stuff fast enough.

I do remember when Brits were generous enough to offer something in exchange for goods or services rather than expecting something for nothing. Happened just yesterday actually, someone rang me asking for woodchip, offered to pay for delivery.

Waste product or not, there is still a cost implication to deliver material. If you are happy to collect from site you can have as much as you want.

FWIW I have never paid to tip chip, and never will, and I suspect the same goes for most arbs in this country.

This attitude really gets up my nose!!!:thumbdown:

Why do people think they have the right to almost demand logs or chip for free????????:confused1:

I get sick of people stopping when we are working road side and asking for free timber, when I say no, they say things like "but I have a wood burner", "well so do I" is my reply.

When you say no they look at you like you shot their dog.

Why is it that people think we should give away something of value???????????:confused1: and in this case deliver it free!!!!!!!:thumbdown: